Windscreen To Scuttle Seal

Guest tom2b

Guest tom2b

I have just fitted my windscreen using the "T" section piece of rubber but it leaves a gap between the windscreen supports and alot of seal overhang on to the scuttle, how have people got a nice secure seal and a nice finish to look at?

windscreenandmirrorscloseup.jpg

Tom,

it looks like you've cut the rubber 'T' seal where the lower channel of the screen finishes, IIRC, in the video Richard said you should leave enough seal to pull it tight under the sceen pillars.

I used a couple of self tapers screwed from under the bonnet into the lower screen channel to keep the bonnet tight upto the seal.

Les

Guest chris brown

DONT fit the side screens before SVA (they are classed as doors and have to have catches with a first and second stage catch the same as a tin top). I agree it is more comfortable driving with side screens in winter but in summer a good set of wind deflectors are all that is required.

Guest rusty

looking nice so far, I left the T section as long as poss until I had dicided how to do it, I cut the top off the section so it would lay under the screen brackets and with the help of some Araldite here and there managed to get it to lay flat a hot air gun helps as well. check out my site page 3.

Guest tom2b

I got them from a motorbike shop, they are suzuki GSXR1100 mirrors, i paid £20 each for them as they gave me the wrong price :D there was a thread on here about them awhile ago.

I havent got the sidescreens yet so no worries with regards towards sva.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest salty_monk

They should pass SVA. They will be E marked. You just have to check size of mirror & exposed radii.

The black windscreen supports are sprayed standard ones I think. Don't remember him saying he had them powder coated.

There is a guy (details on http://nw.rhocar.org) who can supply you laser cut stainless ones at a reasonable price too...

Dan