Spring Lb's

Guest turbo

Guest turbo

i have the green zimmers issued in 2004 can anyone inform me the spring ratings front & back i am really strugling for sump clearence(aluminium sump dohc)

i am thinking there seems to be to much movement in the shocks.

thanks turbo.

p.s. what would you say in lb's is to stiff.

thanks turbo

Guest Battery Bill

Jamie

They could be any number of things, the ones we had on Joeys car were different size and width than a lot of others :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Using the Zimmers we had to wind up the front spring so it was nearly coilbound before we had (Just) enough clearance.

On our Gazs the front springs are 325 which is ideal in our case. :D

Guest chris brown

I had the earlier ones and had no problem with adjustment unlike Bill. Stick a photo on here and Bill or me will soon tell you which ones you have.

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

They are like Bills (coilbound ones)

You are right there and Jamie has not wound them up to get a decent clearance yet :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jamie

We ended up binning the Zimmers because like yours we had to wind the front springs up a bit to get enough clearance 3- 3 1/2 inches, this made the springs pretty useless and whenever we hit a hole or dint in the road you felt it "Ouch"

Best solution is change to decent ones :D :D

Guest Darksphere

This is very interesting as I reckon I've got the same set up as this and I would say the ride is harsh and the steering likes to point me, well, everywhere every time I hit a bump.

A friend recommended upgrading to decent adjustable shocks, gaz or similar... Dont want to start faffing with springs as ride height and everything else ok - can I just do a straight swap?

Also while we're on the suspension subject, can I do anything to stop the back end feeling so twitchy? Negative camber on rear wheels for example???

Cheers boys

Darky

Guest ScotMac

Note, the fact that your steering goes every direction when you hit a bump is called "bump steer". It is often caused or strongly influenced by the steering arm placement. I assume that this is sierra uprights? I haven't heard that their bump steer was that bad (tho they have other faults). What has been the experience of others, in terms of sierra uprights and bump steer?

-sm