Floor Mounted Pedals

Longboarder

Quote Scotmac

So, you are going w/ a more powerful engine (more hp), TB's (w/ EFI/etc and new ECU i assume...more hp), modified camshafts (more hp)...and you are claiming it is strictly for reliability and smoothness....GOOD ONE!!!

After stuggling up the cornish lanes and hills in a 2.0l Galaxy i convinced the misses that a VR6 engined auto would be much easier on us all, apart from the time Jane booked us in to a cottege in the middle of Port Issac 100 yards from the quay down a typical cornish back ally.

Note to Scotmac, over 2.0l and more than 4 cylinders is still concidered a big engine in the UK.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Does tongue in cheek humour work over here? :D

Nigel's Pinto was a modified 2.1 Pinto on 40 Dellorto's... it won't be that much more powerful. 10% max I would think.

Personally I think he's doing it for the challenge & because he can't bear the thought of getting out there to weld up that GT6... :p

:)

My old 2.0L pinto was rolling roaded twice. The print out showed 117 and 120 at the rear wheels although three of us were sitting in the boot to get traction. I have to admit it always felt like it had more but thats just because sevens power to weight makes it seem like it.

With the zetec I hope to get a bit more than 10% increase. Wouldn't want to miss the first hymn!

Nigel

Guest salty_monk

Ahhh.... I thought yours had more than that at the wheels. Maybe we were talking about flywheel figures that day :D

If you had a tricked out 2.1 I would have been right... :) (convinced yours was a 2.1... I should pay more attentin :lol: )

Dan :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest salty_monk

You could weld a plate to the clutch arm & put a bolt either side of where the cable stop currently sits. Make up a new "adjuster plate" the same as the keyhole on the clutch arm to go on the back & wind it in & out on the two bolts with locknuts....

Also what about making an adjuster at the scuttle? Presumably your cable outer still stops on the outside of the scuttle? Should be easy enough to do with some threaded tube & a locknut. Would think a good plumbing place would have a die big enough to thread the tube.

I know what I mean... but if makes no sense to you I'll try to do one of your "magic" diagrams.

after finally driving a Hood today - i think a floor mounted pedal box , is vital , i couldnt heel and toe or do any fancy footwork with the std pedal box !!! .

weve been developing one in the factory also , its got to be the way to go , its make driving more pleasurable

Dan, I'm not going down the little hole and takin those Bleep pedals out again. Will try a hollow threaded tube and a couple of nuts. Got a plumber lives opposite so he may have some big taps and dies. Otherwise its out with the welder and drill and make something up. Like the thing on bicycle brakes but a bit bigger!

Nigel

Guest salty_monk

I meant the clutch end... for that like the adjuster bar on an old moggy minor in theory just slightly diff setup. Just as bad though, with the box in place you'd have to get under the car to do it & adjusting it would mean more of the same - think of your old bones :D

Hollow threaded tube has got to be the first way to try though, I even though about getting rid of the quadrant & doing that with mine at one stage..