Lightweight Info

Guest gdc

hi

i have just purchaced a lightweight kit from a guy who unfortunatly has fallen ill,

he had completed the body/chassis work to a very high standard, the job for me is now to complete the project.

the robin hood dvd does not go in to brake lines fuel lines wiring ect, whilst i understand the reasons this dosent help with the build ,any one got any tips or picks.

going to fit a 2.0 ecotec with injection/cat mated to type 9 tips ?

have built a 2b going for sva soon so not a virgin hoody

many thanks graham

Guest Stevieshood

Since the theme is "lightweight", I would recommend going for a Duratec 2.0L as you can pick one up for similar money to an iron-block Ecotec, but they are alot lighter (92kg as opposed to 130kg), same installation costs, and have more power potential. I believe there's a new Ecotec out now to rival it but there probably aren't many about yet.

Should be a fun project :)

Since the theme is "lightweight", I would recommend going for a Duratec 2.0L as you can pick one up for similar money to an iron-block Ecotec, but they are alot lighter (92kg as opposed to 130kg), same installation costs, and have more power potential. I believe there's a new Ecotec out now to rival it but there probably aren't many about yet.

Should be a fun project :)

many thanks but ecotec arrives tomorrow

may change