1.8cvh - Coil Wiring

Guest FLUX

Fitting a 1.8CVH from a 1993 Sierra. Have the Main Engine wiring loom and connected all wires except the coil. :D I have a Green wire going through a resistor and then to the coil. and the other side is a black, but as I cut it out of the loom, I don't know where this one end up. Any thoughts.

(Why did I pick a CVH????????) :boohoo:

Guest chris brown
(Why did I pick a CVH????????)

Thats my question too. :p :p If you want a CVH then use the 1600 its got far more tuning bits available and was a better engine in the first place

Guest salty_monk

How does the CVH fit? I thought the 1.8 was quite tall??

My dad had a Sierra 1.8 CVH, wasn't a bad car, 90BHP as standard & more economical than the Pinto. Not much chance to tune it though as you say Chris...

Dan :)

I am not too bothered about tuning, more about economy and general use, and the engine is fitted. The mountings are such that the engine is low enough to fit under the bonnet. Still - Any thoughts about the electrics? :wacko:

Guest salty_monk

Being black, is it an earth or is that too easy???

Should be able to find it in the Haynes manual.... do you have one? If not you can pick them up for a couple of quid on Ebay...

Dan :)

The green is the 'earth' (switch) on the negative side of the coil. Goes to pin 8 on the Hybrid ign module and also to the rev counter. Black is an ignition live and can come from any ignition live point unless you are keeping the anti theft module (don't) in which case it's pin 16 of the anti theft mod.

Nigel

I've got the Haynes manual sitting on the desk and I can read. :D

Nigel

But you always switch the neg side of the coil and ford usualy use a green for this and coil supply even with most clever ECU's is usualy just effectively an ignition live and ford usualy use black.

Thanks for the info. :lol:

I tried to read the wiring on the Haynes Manual, and with most of my connections I was able to collow the diagrams but it looks to me that the 1993 model has so many permutations (EFi , Auto etc) spliced together is gets very confusing on the pages.

I got mixed up between which diagram related to my engine and where I could jump past the security module.

I will give this a try. :D

Guest TerryBarry

'93 Sierra - that's got to be one of the last ones. Some I think were cobbled together from what parts Ford had left around the factory

Is it EFi, Carb or single point fuel injection system ??

Its a Carb. Wanted it to be a simple as possible, but I think I still might have some problems getting an air filter to stay under the bonnet. I really do not want to cut a hole in it. Lots of problems with the length of the drive shaft and getting the correct mountings from RH. Seemingly mine is the 1st CVH to go in a Super Spec.

post-8-1143902743.jpg