Progress

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

it has been a LONG day ;)

to start with, the top coat looks SH*T :( tried a few things but it wasn't worth the effort ;) the problem, my compressor is now nackered and I didn't notice yesterday <_< it was fine for the first coat but it doesn't build up enough pressure to hold a decent spray pattern so that was a bit of paint wasted, well I suppose it was an experience, but nowhere was open to get this stupid lil spare part from! :boohoo:

not to be put off I rang where I got the paint - not open, rang a few other places - not open, rang a bodyshop and asked if there were any paint suppliers open today - score! but they shut at lunch so we trundled off to there then... got another couple of liters of blue (albeit a different one as the other looked more purple than I imagined :wub: ) and a bit of primer, then came the problem of no compressor... *thinks very hard* managed to think of a mate who has a portable one but he happens to be spraying his mini this weekend, not a problem I thought :rolleyes: trouble is he didn't finish work until 6 so I couldn't get it until then, so I got on with sanding the sandpaper effect paint back smooth :lol: 6 o clock comes so I trundle off to steal his compressor :D

get back about half 6 and realise I'm going out for a posh birthday meal for a friend at 8 :o so clean off all of the bodywork, and give it a few coats of primer, run upstairs, grab a shirt and get there just in time to order :D 10 o clock comes and we've just finished then main course, so I went without pudding in order to come home :o ;) ;) flatted off the primer with wet and dry, gave it all a clean off, and gave it 3 good coats of topcolour, it's now half 12, so I run upstairs, put the shirt back on, try and make myself look less like a smurf, and go out for a bit of a party in town :D just got back in and I'm knackered! :wacko:

this is the new blue... what you think?

post-13-1146365775.jpg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

unfortunately tonight I havn't had time to fit in the drinking as I have been working from 9 this morning untill now ;) I did take pictures but my camera's in the garage and I'm falling asleep so I'll post them tomorrow night, leaving for stoneleigh at half 7 tomorrow (later today) but unfortunately not in the hood ;)

Guest docter fox

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER

:boohoo:

a few teething problems, well it was back together at 2 o clock the night before stoneleigh, but we couldn't get the tax to go through on the internet :angry: and the post office weren't open, so we had to go in the tintop and not to risk it even though I'd been working on it day and night all weekend :gdit:

so today, first drive....

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER

lost a couple of plug leads over a bump, exhaust rattling even when done TIGHT as poss, lost use of the clutch cable (suspect adjuster), driving without clutch all was going well and then I noticed then tempeature creep up from 85 to nearer 100 so pulled over to check things, I've lost a bottom hose off the radiator and all the water in it ;) n temp kept rising slightly :gdit: , how hot can i pinto safely get? :rolleyes: but also had a problem in that oil is all over the inlet side of the engine :( suspect the breather pipe so just off back out to check things

on the plus side it does look good, but just doesn't run ;)

Guest chris brown

No problem is insurmountable for a man with your enthusiasm James well done and by the way the old pinto will stand allot of heat I've seen them in stock cars just about red hot and still fire up for the next race

No problem is insurmountable for a man with your enthusiasm James well done

Ditto that.

just keep your head (even if it all seems hopeless) and more importantly take your time. it'll all come right in the end ;) , and you'll have a car to be damn proud of. B)

Guest docter fox

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot, it's at time like this when I just feel like giving up and kicking it ;)

damage- hole in radiator and head gasket ;)

has anybody used some sort of chemical metal or plastic equivalent on a plastic rad? any success?

Guest docter fox

here's a few pics of how it is now, the red arches were put back on to get to stoneleigh with ;) but I now have some carbon effect ones to go on in place :)

post-13-1146606929.jpg

Guest salty_monk

When I was in the sixth form (10 years ago) we used to call that "homo blue" (with a silent H!) :D

Can't remember why :lol: :lol: (at least it's not yellow!!! :p :lol: )

Looks very good :) Well done! Big improvement.

Be interested to see how it lasts after our discussions about primer etc. How many coats in the end??

You're right, the red arches need swapping or painting!