Progress

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

Spent most of the day p*ssing about with that stupid bl**dy shortened sump! :gdit: the pick up pipe was wrong and we had left the welder at a friends so had to use bending and copper pipe, also had to change the oil pump as that was broken in the process :angry:

it's on now but I would never try making one again, caused to many problems! if for some reason this decided not to work, after grinding it into a mush I would definately give Bill a call, IMO with the problems encountered, it wasn't worth the effort in doing it ;)

anyway, also got the engine back in :) however... I forgot to put the new exhaust manifold on :boohoo: and it won't go on with the engine in place :( so I'll be fitting it when I get hold of an injection head

basically, today has been taking the piss ;)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest docter fox

update:

engine is in and running, just need to do the timing

havnt found ay leaks from the new sump yet

fuel gauge now actually works! although it never reads full even if you pull it right up but nm, it add's character :D

sorted out a bit more off the wiring at the back end

tidied up the engine bay

fitted the new clutch quadrant and boxed in all of that section

so now need a BIG tidy up n to mask everything off before spraying :ph34r:

Guest chris brown
Sounds like you'll be finished in time for Barkston ?
Which meeting through :p :p :p

It does sound as through you are well on the way James well done. How about a few photos now and again so we can all say "I wouldn’t have done it that way" or similar. :p :p B)

Guest docter fox

I've been taking the photo's but had temporarily misplaced the cable :rolleyes:

I havn't booked for the first barkston so that gives me plenty of time to sort things out :)

however there was a slight change of plan today, the bonnet on that was on it has never really fitted, it's the wrong profile, woring size and on the wrong car but we were going to leave it until getting a new one sorted out, but I got a phone call this morning from dad saying he'd found a big bit of alluminium sheet that should be perfect for the job ;) 15 minutes later I was at college picking up this sheet and brought it back took a while to carefully mark the edges and then grind all the edges smooth after bending it to the right profile but I think it turned out ok, just need an extra clip as something to hold the middle of the bonnet down a little

it may not be perfect but I think it's pretty dam good and all it cost me was time and a a bit of petrol, opinions....

post-13-1145911706.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

James

heres a pic of the (bstard) shortened sump before fitting

I wouldn't have done it like that :lol: :lol: :p :p

Looks like your getting there though, bet it will rev quick with all that off the flywheel.

BB

Guest docter fox
I wouldn't have done it like that

then you wouldn't have done it the right way :lol: I wouldn't have paid over 200 quid for a new bonnet either :p

it revved pretty freely before so hoping it'l be even better now :D