Immobiliser

Guest paul091085

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alan rowe

then I definitely don't want it knicked what with the price of the wheel I've got as well - and Doc, should I have it in yellow or black with yellow piping and matching strap

Guest paul091085

slightly off topic, but i found out today that the quick release boss i bought doesnt fit the standard mountney wheel or boss. :angry:. So ive bought a new boss and am looking around for a nice steering wheel. At the moment i dont have a lot of room between my legs and the wheel, so am thinking about a flat bottomed steering wheel. has anyone else done this and is it likely to help much?

Paul

Guest Giggling_Buffoon

Try fitting a Momo Team steering wheel - much nicer to hold than the mountney thing.

Its about the same inner diameter as the mountney, but the wheel rim is slightly thinner so *might* give you a bit of room.... but probably not going to make too much difference.

Guest allbejay

i got a tracker on mine, oh and the steering wheel bag, us youngsters will know them as record bags, just the right size and a 22 year old like me can get away with having a bag like that..

Better still, invest in a big fat rottweiler to sit in it all day, atleast thats what an old guy near us used to do (maybe a doberman, cant really remember now)

Guest salty_monk
should I have it in yellow or black with yellow piping and matching strap

Yellow car & a handbag... people will definitely start talking :p :lol: :lol:

My removeable boss has a key too. (boss isn't fitted) You can get them for about 30 notes on Ebay.

Dan :)

Guest Battery Bill
Its about the same inner diameter as the mountney, but the wheel rim is slightly thinner so *might* give you a bit of room.... but probably not going to make too much difference.

Has anyone heard such Boswellox :lol: :lol: :lol:

Struth if poor Paul is struggling for legroom the thickness of a bl33din wheel aint going to help him much :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh Yes

Try fitting a Momo Team steering wheel - much nicer to hold than the mountney thing.

In your opinion that should read

<_< <_<

Guest docter fox

what size is the wheel? I went from a 10 inch wheel to a 12 inch one to make the steering a bit lighter, but because of the leg room issue I'm whether debating to change it back ;)

allebejay, what sort of price are trackers?

Alan, I quite like the sound of black with yellow piping :wub:

Bill, calm down, I have a link to a very informative website if you want a read :lol:

Guest paul091085
Struth if poor Paul is struggling for legroom the thickness of a bl33din wheel aint going to help him much

:lol: like that reply Bill. Im not sure if its me or the car thats the cause of the problem :wub: , im gonna go with the car :p . Off to have a look at some tommorow, fingers crossed ill find somthing :D

Paul

Guest Peejay

Simple trick I use is swap a couple of plug leads over, on a pinto because of the unequal lengths, it's best done on the cap, even better if you put some spurious number markings, you'd need to know firing order etc. On my MGB I've even put numbered markings the wrong way round ie 1=4 2=3 etc, as the leads are a similar length when I swap them they look the right way :)

Then ofcourse there's the old trick of removing the rotor arm, or even the whole cap and leads!

Pete.

PS I am a member, just wont let me upgrade!!

My history teacher at school said that during the cold war his dad was paranoid about the Russians invading the UK. He used to remove the rotor arm whenever he parked his car just in case the paratroopers needed transport. Strange but true!

Guest paul091085

dont think ill go to such extreme measures with mine. theres only so much you can do, and changing all the leads round everytime you get in and out the car sounds like too much hassle.

now ive said that, ill wake up tommorow and my hood will be gone :lol:

Guest AWhite

The best alarm/immobiliser i have seen was part of a clifford alarm. Basically the alarm had an adjustable proximity sensor that blipped at people (quite loudly) when they leaned into the car and went ballistic if someone tried to get in. The immboliser was remote controlled and hidden somewhere on the car so no thief could trace the wires to it. :D

Andy