Rh Customer Service

Guest richlloyd

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest allbejay

i don't want to add to this rant but i rang up there *technical* department as they stated they had 5 or 6 old chassis complete that they were selling of cheap, i asked for series 3a, which he said

" i THINK i'm looking at one now"

so i said could you e-mail me a pic of the front and i should be able to confirm that, 2 weeks later i got a pic of the back half..

a few e-mails later i got the front pic, nothing like the car i was looking for..

I gave up, never called since.

Sorry but it is annoying, i need a bonnet soon but not looking forward to ordering it..

Regards bejay

Guest johnboymac

sub-k was a mild steel crocodile bonnet* (not scuttle and bonnet separate. - though some builders do cut their bonnets -see bill & joeys web site for an example)

if you still need measurements - I could get them for you this evening when I get home.

cheers, J

* i seem to think there may have been a stainless option, but not aluminium.

Guest richlloyd

im sure the side pannels are alu but now you have mantioned it i should check. if it is the crocodile style will it be the same as the 2b? i am planning to cut it like bill and joey as i dont like the idea of the windscreen lifting. will RH be able to sell me a mild steel bonnet that will be in production. measurements would be great cheers

Guest gordon_macnab

The bonnet for a 2b is the same as a sub K the only differences were with the suspension and the rear chassis but nothing to do with the bonnet/nose cone arrangement.

They're just being awkward for the sake of it :gdit:

Hi Rich

Did you buy Paul Usowicz's (spelling) car?

If so all the panels were replaced buy him in Alluminium.

No RH's were made with Ali panels apart from the Lightweight, Bills just paid 200 quid for a stainless so a one off in alli will be dearer,

Sounds like you confused them buy saying yours has ally panels,

But there customer service is poor.

HtH

Mitch

Guest Andy Hamilton

What customer service? I can't even get through..... Only an answer machine that gives out a mobile number that is switched off. Do they work on Wednesday afternoons?

I ordered a hood set (weather gear) at Detling, still no sign of it. Have I lost my £300+?

Andy

Guest Battery Bill

Mitch

Bills just paid 200 quid for a stainless

Yes but it should have been £230 but Joey spotted a scratch, The lad said he would have to make another one, I saw it would be under the windscreen pillar so told him I would take it if I got a discount.

Joey then started excitedly telling us that "it does not matter as the Pillar will cover it" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: A few hard Kicks shut him up and we got our discount :lol: :lol:

Guest richlloyd

yes i did buy paul usowich car

if i buy a stainless steel one will i be able to get a good colour match for the RH red or should i pay the extra and have a sub k / 2b bonnet made in alu from RH?

i still have the problem of the engine sitting level so some engine parts will have to be coming through the bonnet and covered with vents or scoops. lowering the engine will be to big of job now everything is in place

Guest Battery Bill

Rich

If your going to paint it anyway why not get a mild steel one, should be cheaper.

Also if you go for the injection bonnet it costs more and its only a u shaped cut so its easy to DIY that :D

Guest richlloyd

would rather have it in alu so it all matches but if i have to get it in mild steel and paint then i will. it is all alot of hastle would of thought it was easier than what it is.

I rang Robin Hood, got a recep then Gina, then talked to Richard Hall for a good while on the tech line. Couple of emails exchanged over two days. Not the slightest problem. Special treatment? Do people who have not had a problem bother to post on a moan thread?

I would like to know what proportion get through with little delay. I accept that there are some dealt with poorly but many have no problem. I and probably Robin Hood would like it to be 100% good.

Nigel

Guest tom2b

I spoke to gina when i ordered my 4branch manifold and it came the NEXT DAY! i think its the luck of the draw, if the job gets given to someone whos in a strop then its not gonna get done, but if its a good person then all is well.