Windscreen Glass.

Guest Bazwaz

Guest Bazwaz

Bugger! When i bought Alans v8 i noticed the screen needed resealing. There was a few marks in it and as i had a spare which i bought years ago when i first built mine i thought i'd change the glass. So i respayed the frame fitted the glass and resealed it. Very nice it looked too. I say looked as tonight whilst adjusting my deflectors the spanner slipped and banged the glass. It was only a tap but the screen shattered!. So now it's time to fit another one. I understand you can get a laminated one cut to size but is that from an auto glass place or will my local glass merchant do it.

Barry

Guest allbejay

theres a local place in herts that will cut any type off glass for us, they usually make fish tanks but have done custom windscreens before so i cant see why they wont, oh and with most autoglass places there only fit/sell off the shelf windscreens as they like to be a pain..

I could be wrong though, regards bejay

Guest chris brown

Most good auto glass depots will be able to cut you one if you use the Landover one as the basis and get that cut down they come in a choice of tints including top tints on the other hand a glass supplier will be cheaper as you don’t need the kite mark this may be the way to go but it will be plain laminate (no tint)

Guest STEVE OXON

i had a screen shatter in january,

local glass company cut one to a template in laminated for 35 quid.i quess most glaziers will do it , phone and ask them?

you may find that the new laminated screens are ever so slightly thicker i.e 6.4mm from 1/4 standard so its a tight fit.

steve

Guest Bazwaz

All sorted.Took this afternoon off and local glass company cut me a laminated one for £15.45p. . Just finished fitting it.

Alan. The cars fine. went up to a mates on Sat he was quite impressed. :D

Barry