How Much For A Mondeo?

Snapperpaul

Guest allbejay

yes yes yes, when me and dad looked at mums focus st these were 20k plus new and there always a good to superb car and u cant really fault them thats why they sell

Yes I think it's dear as well, I paid £6250 for a 52 estate TDCi, 10 months ago, from one of the dearest 2nd hand dealers, but it was what i wanted, and I got a good price for the Disco. I'd expect £5½k to £6k. Check out auto-trader on the net, to see what they're going for.

Guest allbejay

jesus are they that cheap with only a few years and miles on them, sorry if i miss informed ya, in that case go for it but only if u could get it cheaper, i's usually price up in autotrader etc etc and go from there..

Guest micky bigthumbs

Ford Mondeo Hatchback

2.0TDCi Ghia (130ps) 5d (01) 2002/02

Insurance Group 9 (get a quote)

Average mileage: 30,000 miles

Cost New ('02) £ 18245

Franchised Dealer £ 7870

Independent Dealer £ 7320

Private Good £ 6830

Private Poor £ 5430

Part Exchange £ 6040

About our valuation categories

Copy from Parkers note the mileage

Guest Andy Hamilton

Personally, I would go for the 2.2L TDCi, 155ps.

It is what we call the hybrid. We mixed parts from the 2.4L from the transit and the 2.0L from the Mondeo/Jag together with unique pistons to make a 2.2L. Quite frankly it is astounding compared to the 2.0L 130ps. The torque band is much wider, with a smoother power delivery. There was much more effort placed on calibrating the Variable geometry turbo at low speeds to avoid the feel of a delayed reaction.

I have had mine for 3 months now and it is the car that the Mondeo always should have been.

It also has a wider fuel consumption window, i.e. around town driving you don't do quite as well as the 2.0L, somewhere around the 35-40MPG mark, but on the motorway, I have had 60MPG on a long steady run. I only ever got 54MPG max out of my 130ps 2.0L

Go on, treat yourself!