Rh Twin Exhaust Mod

Guest FIRSTBUILD

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I plan to dump the RH supplied box and fit another , what I was hoping to do was to reduce the overall length of the box by cutting it right through in two places then welding a sleeve around the centre therefore the box would only be app 3 ins long -- therefore I would have the twin pies going in at the front and a 50mm single pipe exit to fit a "proper silencer to .The silencer I have bought has a 60mm pipe on it and I was wondering if any one knew where I can by a reducer , I have seen themadvertised but cant remember where.

thanks

Guest warwick7735

Hi

Why dont you make a coned shape piece of steel and hammer it around your twin pipes, Similar to what you do when making a 4 into 1 manifold but you'd only have 2 pipes going in. You could then weld on a 60mm piece of pipe to mate up to your silencer.

Warwick

Guest salty_monk

Without wanting to sound harsh... why don't you dump it & get a 4 into 1 manifold as well as the new box!

Sounds like a lot of messing about for something inferior that looks poo for not a lot of money saving.

Manifolds pop up for 50 quid every now & again... Think they are 130 quid to start with. Don't build your own. Too much hassle, ask those that have....

Dan :)

Guest warwick7735

Dan

I agree with you completely, RH do them in kit form for £90.

Unfortunately some of us didn't have any option but to make there own, as RH didn't do one. :angry:

Warwick

Guest FIRSTBUILD

thanks for the replies

Dan how do you know it looks poo !! I havent made it yet !! - my personal opinion is that if I started with a 4 branch it would be ok BUT I aint going backwards now and start fitting a manifold - hope to SVA this year and I am soooo fed up with the RH box and its blat noise that I thought I might as well try to make something fit that will look and sound nice and stay on there (honest it wont be poooo or I will bin it))

Any new builders beware START off with a 4 branch , dont wait until you get this far to realise that the RH twin pipe thing is hideous

steve

Guest salty_monk

Sorry...! :wub:

I didn't mean your work would look poo, just that the workmanship on that twin pipe leaves a lot to be desired & that you can't polish a turd!! :D

You can see in my signature 1 pic with the twin pipe & 1 with the 4 into 1. Make your own mind up... :)

Guest FIRSTBUILD

the RH pipe is a turd so I may cover the front end with a gaurd of some sort - need some perforated ali or stainless really

like I say the 4 branch is the answer but I really want to go forward to SVA now ----- perhaps I will do it later

Steve