Breakdown Recovery

Peter Bell

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlyfarly

Depends how quickly you need it.

I'm with the RAC but pay via the Tesco Clubcard vouchers - you get 4 times thier face value so you can get cover from £13.

Maybe one to remember for next year.

If you have cover yourself have you checked if there are any deals? I spent several of my early driving years on Dads AA cover.

I wonder if Andy Badger (formally Andy seats) will come on and tell you of his recent need for recovery, and the length of time it took to get him home by one of the largest (they say, when they aren't up a mountainside, singing!) recovery services.

I darn't! ;)

Guest Andy Badger

I knew my recent misfortune wouldnt slip under the radar.... (note to self....be careful what you tell Jim!!!!!)

I had the misfortune to have to call the AA out to my beloved exmo on sunday. For the yellow hoodie that passed me at mach 9 on the Wrexham side of the A483 hi & thanks for passing!!!!!

I was about 10 mins into my return journey from Wrexham to Leigh, when i smelt burning, so naturally i stopped....I'lll let Jim embelish you all on the finer points of the cause (except for me being a total duffer!!!)

My brother is a member of the "4th emergency service" what a bloody joke that is!!! so we phoned it in at approx 18.30, they told us that assistance would be with us at 19.50 no problems. I started to lose control when 23.00 had passed and they still hadnt turned up. Even when i told them that my wife is heavily pregnant & was really anxious at home etc etc. Nothing.

So after being constanly lied to & told that 2 different recovery companies were 'on their way' & 'should be with me anytime now'... i had a total sense of humour failure.

So long story short, both wife & i are members of the RAC. I'll never ever trust the AA again. Crap though nearly all of the companies are, the RAC are shining beacons of success compared to the AA.

Rant over. Go on Jim...am braced for the p1ss taking!!!!

Guest salty_monk

GEM use local recovery guys, we've used them about 3 times in the last year or so, once with a Freelander towing a hood back from Llandow on a Sunday... They've always got someone there within about 45 mins...

Dan :)

Guest mike

Well the AA got me back from stoneleigh o.k the other week, was just like booking a taxi! Can you send a big flat bed truck please plus was dry and warm on the way home too!

Mike

Well the AA got me back from stoneleigh o.k the other week, was just like booking a taxi! Can you send a big flat bed truck please plus was dry and warm on the way home too!

Mike

Snap ;) (except I came home with Brittannia Rescue) I found the cab a little too warm but that was because my driver had the heater on full!!!

Great service

Will

Guest captn Pugwash

Called the AA today at 8.50 am from Bowness, told the man in the overalls would be with me by 10.45, he arrived at 10.30, when asked how far he had travelled, he replied Heysham so Im pleased with that, back in southport before 12 noon. Happy days, They have never let me down so far!!!!!!!!! :D

Problem for callout, the CAT 2 alarm had decided to reprogram itself and would not reset, It did when the battery was removed and refitted? :blink: :blink:

CAptn Pugwash.

Called the RAC for a quote for the trip to France (1 week) just with the car = £41, but when I told them we were taking a trailer, it went up to £61.

Tried "Auto-aid" they also wanted £61 for the 1 week trip, so not worth changing for that.

Guest Daniel Aldridge

Same here Richard.

Dads got lifetime membership so not only do I think RAC are best I even get free membership for as long as dads alive. Better take care of the old bugger!