How To Keep It Clean?

Guest brummy-ade

Guest brummy-ade

Well being new to this I am pulling my hair out with the stainless body work what is the best way of getting the best finish when cleaning the car (everyday at the moment with this weather) are there any decent creams potions tips etc????

ade

ade

I had the same problem trying to keep the car clean .

the best tip i had was to use glass cleaner, not the creamy one

but the clear one .The cheap own brand ones from the supermarket

are just fine. Aplogies to whoever told me this tip, I I am not trying to take any credit, but can't remember who put me on to it .

ATB pete

Don't even attempt to do anything with scratches, just kick yourself everytime you see it. The cheapest spray on glass cleaner is the stuff you want, wash it first woth a 'shampoo' stuff, then polish off the water marks with the glass cleaner.

Don't get 'windolene' it's crap!

Guest Chris.A.
Don't get 'windolene' it's crap!

:lol: don`t encourage him, MICK, that was very mild and subtle for the clubs "DIPLOMATIC CORRESPONDANT" P.S. MICK....is the club covered if Mr.Windowlene sues? (...or Mr. Crap, of course)

Guest Chris.A.
:p I can see the advert now. " Clean your windows with Crap" same principle,really, smear "Crap" all over it, wait till it goes crusty, then rub it off and the stains `n` stuff come away with it AND it `ll keep the flies out the kitchen! B) seriously tho, how about silicon products? if sprayed on won`t it stop staining `````n` stuff `cause it`s even slippier than Jim`s product? An old wives tale,or tip thing is to use newspaper on windows with either vinigar or just water(works,tried it) suppose it depends which news paper you use though???????

Guest jawald

when I got my ss exmo it had some nasty scars adjacent to the screen I managed to buff 90 % of them out with some T cut on a lambswool disc on the powerdrill takes abit of time but is worth it

Don't cover it in grease, all the crap will stick to it and it'll be dirty again in no time. Plus you'll probably slip and drop the bonnet somewhere and put a ding in it.

Wash it with car shampoo, dry with a chamois leather and finally wipe with a non smearing window cleaner and kitchen roll.

Guest Daren.F

A Tip I'd like to pass on!

Don't take the kids for a spin (720') in a grassy car park just after rain, you will need to go through a carwash with no roof and with the kids, before taking them home.

Bloody good fun though :p

Daren

Guest 2BBoulton

Surprisingly I used to use stainless steel cleaner to clean my stainless steel. It comes in a spray can and is easy to use (even works on the GRP). Spray on and wipe of with a soft cloth (mind the bonnet lourves as they are very sharp, I have the scars to prove it!) :ph34r:

I think that the wife bought it from Avon or similar, intending it to be used to clean the stainless bin and other white goods (or s.steel in this case). She also bought a cloth that worked realy well unill I used it on the car. The car looked nice and shiny afterwoods but the cloth had had it. :rolleyes:

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...

This may sound a bit girlie ...

Okay it IS a bit girlie! I have a stainless oven and a few other stainless bits around the house - bins etc. Some are brushed finished, others polished, but all clean up really well with hot soapy water, rinsed off with hot clean water and then a thing called an 'e-cloth'.

The cloth is the secret - used slightly damp, it dries things without leaving smears and doesn't seem to have damaged the stainless in over a year of use.

It is available from Lakeland ltd and I promise I'm not on commission!