Replacement Side Screen Polycarb?

Guest charlyfarly

Guest charlyfarly

As well as throwing half the coolant out onto the car park at the Hertfordshire meet in an attention seeking fit, my exmo also managed to get a crack in the drivers side side screen :gdit:

Its cracked clean across at the tight curve area from the top of the screen where the plate is down to the fabric :(

I don't know if they are ploycarb or perspex, but a quick attempt with super glue made no odds, and I'm not hopeful of anything else fixing it up. Of course its right across the bit in front of the mirror if I do have to tape it up for weather :rolleyes:

So anyone know where I can get some polycarb or perspex?

Anyone got some spare in exchange for some beer vouchers?

Guest warwick7735

Hi

Dont use perspex it's too weak and will crack, use polycarbonate. If you know of somewhere local who manufactures signs they will keep it in stock and should be able to sell you a piece the size you require.

Warwick

Guest Laserman

I may be able to help, I have a quantity of 4 & 5mm polycarbonate. If you let me have the dimesions I can cut it to size on the Laser.

Guest charlyfarly

Guys - thanks for the advice and offers of help.

A bit snowed this week with work, but will dig out the screen and measure up if I get a chance. Polycarb it is!

As an aside what glue would be good for sticking the rubber/rabric surround to polycarb? Its definately glued now, araldite or other epoxies are going to be too stiff, silicone is too thin (I think), most of the ABS/Plastic ones I know are solvent based and will craze the sheet - some sort of rubber glue?