It's Official

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

Having been to Newark in Bobson my pleasure was almost restored. a few heating issues but onthe whole the way forward was looking bright.

Speaking to Elwe's dad he mentioned that they had bought a rad from a Discovery, it fitted and it would be man enough for the job with it's 4 cores. I checked the website and the core size gave the impression it would be ok. So I ordered one which duly arrived yesterday. It is huge!! I have absolutley no idea how the hell they will get it in their car, cos it will not fit in mine no matter which way or angle I try it at. Anyway back to the garage and the continuing attempt to keep cool. After one of many configurations of radiator positions I noticed that liquid was bubbling up around one of the front inlet manifold bolts. Now, this bolt had to be drilled out when I got the block as the head had snapped off before I got it. The easy out snapped whilst trying to extract the bolt and in the ensuing battle it now seems that I broke into the water jacket. Now to seal that up. I need to take the inlet manifold off, again. Inlet manifolds for the V8 aren't cheap nor are they easy to buy of the shelf.

So as it stands at the moment.

Bobson is still overheating

The inlet manifold needs to come of again

I need a new gasket

I need to seal the waterjacket

I need to sort out the inlet manfold to find out why it is not circulating water properly

I need to decide wheter to put the SU's back on or try the Holley again

I need to paint Sue's car.

So here is my dilema

I really don't want to go back in the garage and do another thing to the car at all. If I am being totally honest I don't think I would miss it if I just threw the whole lot in. The only thing that is stopping me is I would have to find something else to do at the weekends. So for now the garage stays locked, The car gets put on SORN. I finish Sue's Little Bob and I mope around feeling sorry for my self, think about going to Harrogate and The Lion in Little Bob and wondereing if I picked the right hobby in the first place and who would make a good replacement as Chairman. :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest tegwin

Leave the garage locked for a week and you will cool off and wonder why you ever locked the garage in the first place....been there done that and thrown away a lot of things in anger that are later to be needed!"

Guest red7

Take a tip from Andy Starforth.

He was getting frustrated building his 2B, so after a few cans one night he bought a bargan S7 on e-bay. Now he's got a runner for the summer and he can lock the garage until the Autumn. With your contacts you will get a good Hood in no time. That's what I'd do.

Guest Ian & Carole
in the first place and who would make a good replacement as Chairman

Don't you dare start thinking like that.

Since you and the other Guys, (and a Gal) took over the club it has gone from strength to strength.

I, and I know of many many others, that feel like they belong to somethime very very special and that is down to how you put across the club and how you make us all feel. :wub:

Don't ever loose faith in that knowledge, you have made us part of the best club in the UK ,

and for that we all thank you.

Now back to the car.

If we all start looking I feel sure that some where out there some one has a running SD1 / P5 / P6 running buitifully, bad spelling again, really well that is as rotten as a pair that we can get hold of for a song and get you back on the road in no time,

Come on big bad boss chin up Its always darkest before the dawn etc etc bla bla

Ian J

Guest Stuart Ainslie
Tim

How about a barbie at your place, you can fit a few tents in the back! :D :D

Anything we can do just ask! :D :D :D

Wish you lived nearer to me Bill, I could do with a kick up the @rse to get mine finished.....

Guest micky bigthumbs

Dont do it

cars are all over the place ..one here very good runner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-SD1-V8-Vitesse...1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rover-sd1-sdi-3500-v...1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rover-v8-3-5-engine-...1QQcmdZViewItem

and chek out http://www.grindnshine.co.uk/stumpy_gut.php

i know its cost but you might be throwing good money and time at a bad engine

Guest Bazwaz

"Don't you dare start thinking like that.

Since you and the other Guys, (and a Gal) took over the club it has gone from strength to strength.

I, and I know of many many others, that feel like they belong to somethime very very special and that is down to how you put across the club and how you make us all feel. :wub:

Don't ever loose faith in that knowledge, you have made us part of the best club in the UK ,

and for that we all thank you."

I couldn't agree more!

Barry

Guest tom2b

I have had the urge to batter my car to a pulp with a big sledge hammer many many times. The best thing to do is as everyone else suggests lock the garage door, go indoors have a nice cuppa and calm down a bit. THEN ring a fellow hoody/kitcar owner and gett hem to take you out for a spin, you will soon be chomping at the bit to get your car sorted again!!!

Guest mark kingston

hi tim sorry to hear it is not going to plan.

i for one value all the hard work both you and sue put in to the club and would hate to see you lose interest.

having seen all the effort you put in at the shows i have been to, i can see that the club would really struggle with out you.

have a break, have a drink and think again.

regards

mark kingston

Guest Bob's Babe

Guys,

Thanks for all your kind words, I'm sure they help ;)

Tim has spent the day working on Little Bob :D

Hopefully next week he will take a fresh look at the beast in the garage,

if not then the barbie may be on :rolleyes:

SUE :wub: