Donnington

Guest Ant

Can anyone out there describe what the process is to put a 2B on the track at Donnington show in September. What are the rules and regs, how much does it cost, and where do I book it? How does it all work on the day?

Cheers

Ant

Guest TerryBarry

I think you have to do it via the show organisers

Look Here

I'm sure there will be noise regs :ph34r:

Look under "Track Days" £185 Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I watched a bit last year - a number of people had to be extracted from the "Kitty Litter" :D

HTH

Terry

Edited by TerryBarry

Guest Angel Boy
Look under "Track Days" £185

*Spits coffee out over the keyboard* :blink:

How much? I'll be re-thinking taking my car around then.

Although if I was to take it on and charge £10 for three laps and assuming every ten minutes I could take a paying customer I would only need to do 19 trips before it had paid for itself after 4 hours I would be up. mmmmmm.

Perhaps we could get RHSC to provide us with a couple of factory Super Specs to get some club and factory PR that way........well it was an idea ;)

Andy

Guest mickmellors

I dont know details for using your own car at this moment in time but will find out as soon as possible. I am pretty certain you have to have a crassh helmet which is correctly certified and in good condition and correct fit etc and I think they check exhaust noise levels too.

I got home from Harrogate and went straight out to our monthly Area meeting - one subject of conversation was Pete and Stewart having a blast round Donny last year as a passenger in the Ultima, driven by their racing team drivers . I'm sure he said it was £15 for 3 laps. Ultimas are capable of just over 200 mph but only (!) get up to about 155 at Donington. Queues are huge and expect to wait up to 2 hours. Pete & Stewart joined the queue 3/4 hour befor they opened and were about 10th in line.

I will add any further info to the Donington Show info in the EVENTS SECTION on the home page of these boards as soon as I get anything. Unfortunately I have to give priority to replacing the drainpipe and guttering on the back of the house over the next couple of evenings - it all parted company with the house and went crashing down to the patio this morning and smashed all the cast iron sections into pieces - another excuse for not building the 2B !

Cheers

Mick

Guest Battery Bill

No :) :)

All I can picture is Walking back from the pub to meet the AA man and seeing half the Cleveland Kit Car club trying to bend open the door using the Midas club signpost. :o

A sight I will remember forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Donno Track Time

Full Day £185 (must be booked in advance) Passenger £20, Extra driver £30

Single 20 minute session £25 Passenger £5 (can be booked on the day)

Both drivers and passenger must bring their driving licences and crash helmets.

and must sign an indemnity on the day.

This info is taken from Which Kit magazine sept 2003

contact Sally Mitchell on 01737 225857 or 07768 031329

cheers pete ( no connection with which kit etc.)

• 2 weeks later...