Cycle Computers

Guest red7

I have noticed a few of you guys have fitted cycle computers as speedo's to your cars. Unfortunately the model I have on my bike can only be calibrated down to 1100mm wheel circumferance. So which models let you calibrate down to something usable on a Hoods Diff. flange for example?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yellow peril

i.ve got the sigma one on mine too, and its really good. it shows top speed, average journey and overall speed, and a few other bits as well. and means if your speedo cable has gone you don't have to muck about with that circlip you cant see.

Guest salty_monk

Wireless bike computers only have a range of 70-90cm. You don't need much for a bike. One of the better ones might stretch a bit further, if you mounted the sensor on the engine end of the prop you might get away with it I guess...

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

Don't forget the "sender" that counts the magnet passes has to have a battery in it for a wireless setup, replacing the battery when it's mounted down there by the front end of prop doesn't sound much fun...

Guess you could get a 12v - 3v adapter from Maplin & actually solder a permanent connection in, you could do the same with the speedo itself too but then it sort of takes away the benefits of it being wireless!!

Dan :)

I decided against the wireless option as it wasn't worth the gamble.

Just bought a Sigma BD1600 from ebay for 12 quid. I'm going to mount it on a bracket to the rear of the steering wheel a la F1 and connect with a coiled cable to the steering cowling. Will probably connect this with a 3.5mm plug which can quickly be disconnected for full-lock parking etc, or maybe the coiled cable will be fine lock to lock.

stu205

re the Veypor see here Veypor

It was unbelievably simple to set up - all the setup stuff is on the manuals on the web site and it does so much more than I expected ( 0-60's fuel prediction etc etc )

and here it is dash.jpg