Wiper Mechanism

Guest MJTyke

Guest MJTyke

The donor I got had the headlight wiper units and since space seems to be at such a premium I thought I might be able to adapt these for the screen, ie SVA, purposes.

Am I complicating things to much ??

I considerered this but rejected it on 3 counts:

1) Only one of the headlight wipers on my donor actually worked - the other had a broken linkage inside it.

2) I dropped on a complete mini setup at a scrap yard and the bloke only wanted a fiver for it.

3) I reckon it would be very difficult to clear a good proportion of the screen with them. The fact that they have two independant motors means that the wipers cannot cross each other's paths. This means that there has to be at least a small gap between the paths, and this would probably fail SVA.

Actually, thinking about it now, they could be set up to park at the horizontally at the outsides and meet vertically in the middle. But they would still go out of sync as they run.

Oh and do they do 45 cycles per second?

Ant

Guest Angel Boy
on the other hand richard would be proud of you.....

johnboy

:lol:

go with the mini unit if you can get one. we have a place near us that deals in mini salvage and he can't get the mini units for love nor money at the minute. "them bl**dy robot builders keep using 'em and burining em out" was his comment on the matter.

definately the best way to go (if you can get one) ;)

Andy

There is a place in Warrington called M&M's (Metro and Mini Spares), They wiil be able to supply a mini wiper system they had plenty in stock a couple of weeks ago, also I spotted about 10 mini heater units. Paying cash and haggling keeps the price down :) . I'll try and dig out an address and phone number if anyone wants it.