Dash Options

Guest joni

Guest MrSandman
I'd seen the Capri installations page on the NW page already and thought they looked really smart- thats why I decided to go with the Capri gauges. Cheers for the wiring link will be really useful Dan!

Mr Sandman, those Capri clocks would be good. I've had a little look on Ebay as well, when are you likely to be visiting your mate in Southam, and how much do you want for them?

Anyone know where I can get a white dial kit for a Capri from?

I paid £10 from eBay but decided to stick with what I have.

£10 to you sir!!

I will be visiting Southam possibly this weekend, as long as I get throug the MOT, otherwise next weekend.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds great MR SM. just out of interest why did you decide not to fit them? I'm slightly worried my fitting and wiring skills might not be up to the challenge..

If its any easier I would be more than happy to pay for postage and a few beers for your troubles as £10 sounds like a bargain!

The RHOCAR community comes up trumps once again!

Cheers Jon :D :D :D

Hi Jon,

I've just recently got a set of Capri gauges 'up & running'.

There'll be a wiring digram on my website early in September.

If you can't wait untill then, let me know and I can either post it on here or PM it to you.

Hi Grizzly yeah that sounds great... the is one on the NW Hoodies website already but more experience is always good.

Would it be OK if I PM you with specific problems and questions as and when and if I get stuck?

Cheers Jon

the is one on the NW Hoodies website already but more experience is always good.
I'll put my diagram on here tonight for you to add to your pot of instructions.

Would it be OK if I PM you with specific problems and questions as and when and if I get stuck?
You could do that but then you'd be waiting on me for an answer - and I'm no expert. :huh: It'd be best to keep correspondance on here for all to have a go at answering. It'd probably be quicker too.

Thanks for the diagram, and yeah putting it on the forum for all to look at makes sense, in fact I guess I can just keep on adding to this thread.

I found a place on the internet that makes white dials last night and says 'we make white dials for virtually every car ever sold in the UK, if you need white dials for a car we don't do them for, scan them in or post them off and we will make a set for you for FREE'

Got an email from them this morning saying they didn't have a capri set yet, so send the dial fascias off when I get them and they will make a white dial set at no cost. SMART!!

Joni

Grizzly-

Its called dials4u not sure if its .com or .co.uk. Any car they don't have a set layout for already they send the first person a free set on the condition they send a high res scan or the black dials to them so they can get a layout on file, which is pretty cool!

I was wondering about making my own set with my own font etc and vinyl printing it at work... might be able to do you a duplicate set? Would be less expensive and you could have any font for the numerics or logos etc in the centre you wanted... just a thought? Are yours from a MK 3? Dash pic looks really smart by the way and diagram should make things easier!

Cheers Jon

Guest warwick7735

HI

I know I'm a bit late, but I've fitted MGB guages to the LW. They work fine and add to the period style of the car.

Speedo is calibrated at 1000revs/mile so is compatible with the sierra G/box, rev counter was easy to wire up, just connecting the Green wire from coil to it.

Oil pressure guage is mechanical, requiring a tee piece fom europa, this is then screwed into the pinto block. Fuel & temp guages have adjustments on the back of the dials so you can fine tune the readings.

Hope that helps

Warwick :D

Cheers Warwick!

Hoping for a set of Capri gauges really grizzlys looked pretty smart. My mate couldn't find his spare MGB ones at his garage anyway. Worth knowing that they are compatible and what you have to do tho anyways so thanks!

Jon

Right, I've just won the bid on these on Ebay, as they are set to no miles which would look better on a newly registered car. Does anyone (probably Grizzly!) know whether you need another module or anything else to wire them into or can I use them as they are. Also realised after the auction had ended that it doesn't say what Capri they're out of, so might be a 2.8 v6 or summat so tacho might not work?

Anyone have any ideas as to-

Whether I need anything else but the gauges to make those work?

How to tell if they're out of a 4 pot car?

Whether they need to be out of a 4 pot car?

Hope I haven't made a mistake buying these!

Cheers chaps Jon

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

How to tell if they're out of a 4 pot car?

Whether they need to be out of a 4 pot car?

If they are from a 6 pot the rev counter will count 3 spikes from the coil per rev. If they are from a 4 pot it will count 2. In theory you could put a divide by three then a multiply by two in the line from the coil.

To tell which they are you could wire up power, ground and a feed from the coil temporarily on a car with a known working rev counter and see if they are right or under-read by a 1/3rd.

If the tacho is wrong you can probably take them apart and change either the tacho or the tacho control electrics.