Acceration

Guest Takumi

Guest Takumi

any one done some acceleration testing.?

like 0-60, 0-100 & 1/4mile ?

i have a 1800 85hp Stainless 2B, what is expected of this car.

I also have waiting in the workshop a 130hp 2000 engine - how would this compair to the std 1800. :p

also has anyone had their stainless 2B weighed corner to corner.? how much does tha damn thing weight . ;)

any info is appreciated.

takumi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alan rowe

I've done some rough figures - not that accurate as i did them myself - 0 - 60 is very difficult cause of wheel spin but is round 5.5 secs with 0 - 100 coming in at approx 11.5

I need to measure out the 1/4 mile and see what that might be - I'll keep you posted

Alan

No, it won't.

Here is an example.

A Mark 1 Lotus Elise weighs about 800 kilograms and has a 125bhp engine. Without a pessenger it should (according to Lotus) get to 60 in around 5.9 seconds. A passenger increases this time quite alot.

Now consider the Project 2B. This weighs in at nearer 950 kilos and has a much less powerful engine (well, a 1.8 does anyway). I suspect you'll be lucky to get a 0-60 of less that 7.5 secs.

0-100 may not be possible for a 1.8 given the aerodynamics of the beast.

This is not going to scare your grandma, even with the 130 bhp engine. Well, it might scare your granny, but you'll soon get used to it.

Sorry about that.

[Edited] PS, you can't trust a stopwatch and the speedo to measure this.

Guest Tim Norman

Bob managed to clock a 0-60 of 5.6sec. :blink: But this was two up and starting from a T junction. Not yet had the opportunity to try it on my own and starting off facing the same direction I intend going in, as opposed to 90 deg to it. :p

Bobsmate

Affraid I have to agree with Jon, though like him I'm more than happy to be proved wrong. :p

According to the Ford handbook that came with my Sierra, a 2000 OHC Saloon 5 speed GL, weighs 1080kg.

Last week at SVA my 2B weighed in at a lardy 960kg.

So it's hard to believe, but if the figures are true, I've only saved the equivalent weight of two average sized women.

Complete guess, but I'd say somewhere around 8 seconds 0-60 for my 2B

Guest Gerry Kemp

Hi all

<_< Somthing funny going on here. My 2B, is green, well it may make a difference. Weighed in at 720 kg at the Norwich SVA centre. Full tank etc. "litre Pinto, Dellortos etc. Where did the other 200 odd metric kg come from? Left the vice in the boot?

Gerry

gk@pagodasystems.co.uk

Guest mark kingston

mine weighed in at 750kg at SVA and has a 2.1 vulcan engine fitted with twin webber 45's supplied by Vulcan engineering and i am told puts out 150bhp. i have not timed it yet but it does come up VERY quick and certainly well under 8 seconds,

i will have to try and time the thing next time i have it out and the roads are quiet and see what it does actually time out at.

regards

Mark kingston

Guest Andy Sparrow

I have one of those expensive performance meters and on my std. Mk III 2.0 4 speed managed a 0-60 2 up of 7.7 secs

Suspect 0-60 solo would be around 7.4

Interestingly 0 - 50 was only 5.9 secs the killer on 0-60 is having to change into 3rd gear - could rev the rogers off it might get a better time, might blow the engine too !

A

I had a play with a Race-technology performance meter a few weeks back. My car is a 2.0 EFi, unmodified engine, the car weighs 756kg, plus two largish passengers weighing in at about 100kg each - me, and one of the guys who designed the perfromance meter!

0 to 55mph was pretty good at about 8.5 sec, but actually getting to 60 means changing into third, and this took the total time up to juist over 10. I've since decided 3 things:

1) If you want a good 0 to 60 get a 3.64 diff not a 3.92 because then you'll do it in second ... but why is 0 to 60 better than 0 to 55 anyhow?

2) Practice 0 to 60 runs before logging one. I didn't. My take-off was crap, as was the gear change(s). Actual acceleration when the clutch was engaged was pretty impressive - can't remember the figures now, but I'll add it to this posting tomorrow.

3) Don't try testing your car's performance with two lardy occupants in it. 200kg is almost a 30% increase in weight!

Ant

The Robin Hoods should weigh around the 750Kg mark.

The design weight is around 950Kg, this is the max the car can weigh with 2 big passengers, loads of shoping and some suitcases.

If your car normaly weighs in at 950Kg then you're going to have a very slow car and will be beeten away from the lights by all the boy racers in there 1.1 Fiestas :D

Guest alan rowe

I forgot to mention when I gave my approx 0 - 60 and 0 - 100 figures that my Hood is not Ford powered but a big Rover and it easily pulls 120 in top - It would be interesting to know how much mine would weigh

Alan

Guest Tim Norman

Bob is one of the old reversed cortina subframe models. The monocoque is, I suspect, lighter than the 2B. He is pinto powered approx 180 brake and doesn't need to change to 3rd to get 60mph just to rev round to about 6500rpm. Anyone taking their performance meter to Donington? :rolleyes:

Bobsmate

PS no idea what he weighs in at. (Note to self. Find out!)