Acceration

Guest Takumi

Guest paul mercer

i've fitted one and it wasn't hat bad. It even ran for a bit, but now it won't . doh. Someone else (mark burley i think) who has fitted a cossie engine reckons he could do 4s 0-60. i can't wait!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
Guest Troy Halliday

The weight issue was one of the biggest reason's we wents for a MAC#1. It weighs in at 520kg with a pinto lump. The XE lump is lighter so should be able to reduce the weight a bit more. Can't wait to find out just how quick it's gonna be. Mind you if it's not as quick as we hoped it won't be to bad because we are building Mick's one first :D

Guest Troy Halliday

They had the Digidash fitted to the Mac#1 demonstrator at Stafford. It is an optional extra, but we went for the clock option instead. I just like to have loads of dials ;) The lads at Mac#1 we very impressed with the unit. They seemed quite suprised that we didn't choose it. It's a nice size unit and easily read. Rizla I hope you'll both be very happy together :D

Guest rizla
:rolleyes: like you troy my project car(secret)is a lightweight so any saving is good and i was amazed at how light the digidash was compared to a complete set of clocks

• 2 weeks later...

Why spend thousands on a pinto to get it up to 135bhp when you can pop in a vauxhall C20XE and get 155bhp standard then 180bhp with webber 45's. all in all this mod costs less than a grand and it is a far superior engine. i'm fitting this engine from new as the 1600 sierra engine was worth more as scrap than as an engine. you will also get a far more reliable engine by keeping it nearer to standard, then you have a good platform to start modifying from, as a vauxhall with 45's and nitrous is 260bhp.

To add some figures into the discussion, these were taken with the club's performance meter at Curborough a few years ago.

0-60 in 7.0 secs flat, that was an Exmo with a 4-speed box and a mildly tuned 2.1 spluttering away on 45's. No idea of weight (driver only) but the car was in fairly basic spec, no heater, etc. No exact power figure, but nothing groundbreaking - say 140bhp something like that...

Just gives you an idea I guess...