Kit Car Ironies.......some Light Relief

Guest Rich

Having just cut my finger when filing an SVA "safety radius" I was wondering how many other ironic situations have happened to people, there must be loads........

Have you noticed when cleaning parts you end up covered in twice as much crap than was ever on the part you were cleaning !

Where does that little bit of grease come from ?....you know the one that hides on the back of your forearm untill after you've cleaned up and then finds its way on to every piece of clothing and furniture you own.

An amount of paint spilt on the floor covers a larger suface area than if you were painting with it

Translations.

Not sure if this fits to all build videos but certainly on the one for the 3a.......

Richard says........"anyway I won't dwell on that"....this translates to...this method actually doesn't work properly so you'll have to struggle and find your own way of doing it....

Richard says........"you can spend more time on it than I have""....this means this bit is really tri cky and you'll have to fiddle with it for hours to get it anything like its supposed to be.....and then end up doing it tottally differently to how I'm showing you.

:lol: Richard says 'Never work near children or animals' then angle grinds in front of a german shepherd.

Richard says 'we've found this to be sufficient' meaning that you wont.

Richard says ' Its quite acceptable to have a certain amount of mevement in your steering column'. The SVA inspector says 'That's a failure'.

The Haynes manual says: 'This may be a tight fit' meaning get the plasters out 'cause your knuckles are going for a walk.