Hand Brake

Guest keyper

Guest Julian B

Hi all

I have been away for a few days and have just read this post.

My car is on the road with the handbrake on the tunnel top fitted exactly as in the photos. A couple of points to look out for

1.... Make sure that the angle section is very meaty. There is a large amount of stress on this item and the hand brake is given a lot of grief by the examiners during the SVA test. I welded two 1" angles back to back to form a "T" section after the single 1" angle failed!

2.... If you have a permanent harness type seat belt (not the recoil sierra type) then you could run into problems with physically reaching the handbrake if you have it mounted on the floor. The SVA examiners are within their rights to fail the car on this point.

Hope that helps.

hammer.gif

Guest 2BBoulton

Has anyone tried fitting a hydraulic hand brake alla rally cars? I would image that you could then place the hand brake any where you wanted and could get away with a lot smaller handle or even just a toggle. :huh:

Guest 2BBoulton

In reply to my own question and that of denegcon Try Rally Design on 01795 531 871 as seen in April's redline mag and fixed to a sierra cossie.

Don't know if its legal or SVA compliant but they might know.

Bruce

Guest paul mercer

i've mounted my handbrake on tunnel between seats. raised back end up with angle, so that when off, the lever is almost touching tunnel and is out of my elbow room. can e-mail photos if interested.