Carb

Guest Bobby

Hi - i just got my engine, but the carburetter is bust, and thus i need a new one!

I was wondering if i need to get another "Weber 2V" for a 2 litre engine or are there others that will work and what are the differences?

Thanks alot

Bob

Guest Takumi

hi there,

I manasged to get hold of 2 Weber DGAV 32mm/36mm carbs, as used on pre-'84 2.0 sierras.

These are gr8 carbs capable of flowing enough air for 140hp..

If you want a slightly bigger carb, look for a DGAS 38mm/38mm these were used on old Ford V6's. I think the old Essex V6, it has 3 DGAS carbs,

the only thing needed it a slight change to the manifold mounting plate..

I think its the same as DGAV, but not sure..

Look out for those DGA carbs .!!!

I got 2 DGAVs for 7.50 ea.!!!, albeit neither fully worked, but with swapping parts over Ive got a working DGAV.!!

tak..

A 38 DGAS will give you similar acceleration to twin 40's on a Pinto, but with slightly less top end power (than 40's) but without the need to become part owners of Esso or Shell. I used to get 32 - 38 MPG out of the standard 2 ltr (ex injection) engine, when I put the FR32 cam in, and altered the ignition it went to about 28 - 30 MPG, much better than the 20 mpg I had when I tried twin 40's.

A 32 / 36 DGAV is also a good carb, much better than the 2V, (let's face it, anything is better than the 2V)

The 38 DGAS & the 32/36 DGAV will go onto the same manifold, but not the one that the 2V uses.

For jet sizes for the 38 DGAS, check out our NW build tips.

nw build tips

So if I have a 2V now what would i have to do to get the DGAV onto my puppy?

also where can i get a DGAV 32/36 from

Sorry for all these questions but i'm new to all this and you'd better be prepared for more!!!

Bob

You need to find an early 2 ltr Sierra with one fitted as standard, or even a Cortina!

Then take the manifold plus carb, clean it all up, check for wear etc. find out what jets for your engine (there's been a thread on this lately) and Bingo!

(also I just happen to have a carb & manifold in my garage, I've no idea on condition etc. i've not even taken it out of the carrier bag it came in (payment for something) if you want it, I can bring it to Donington, (providing you remind me!)

Jim

That sounds great jim, cheers?

How much would you want for it?

If you send me a Message with your mail addrsss or something then i will remind you closer to the time.

Thanks for all you're help..

Bobs