Le Mans 2007

Guest Andrew M

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown
I have managed to find out that the dates for the 24 hour lemans race 2007 are the 16th and 17th June.

looking here http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/...NC_1167_gb.html

Can anyone tell me if they have or are about to sell campsite tickets yet.

Cheers

Andy

I have 50 on order Andy and there will be the usual booking form in the next mag but you can PM me with your details if you prefer all I require at the moment is your address, Email address, membership number and number of camping tickets you require (one per car)

BTW I have asked for Karting Nord but knowing the ACO that doesn't mean we will get there. But they did say when they confirmed the receipt of booking form that we should know the campsite by or just after Christmas.

Just noticed Andy you are a community user and its Members take priority I'm afraid

• 1 month later...
Guest chris brown

Eric Hetherington must be the first to book his ferry crossing and tells me there are some bargains to be had at the moment so he has asked me to let you all know who are going next year. I have also booked with Speedferrys for 9am on the 11th June out and 11am on the 19th back.

Got my excuse all ready for not going as usual. Apart from it just not being my thing I'm off for another spell down under. Excuse is that my sis needs a house sitter for three weeks. Will buy a car or camper this time and plan to do a complete circuit. Be back whenever. Hope to have Aussie citizenship in the new year.

Nigel

Guest erichetherington

I looked at Norfolk Lines Dover/dunkerque(yes Bill we've heard Chubby Browns joke!)their price was £38 return, anytime. See

https://www.norfolkline-ferries.co.uk/EN/DD-PASSENGER/

But I booked with LD Lines Portsmouth/LeHavre overnight on the 9th for £88-sleep on the floor,too tight to pay £50 for a cabin-although a standard seat(whatever that is )is included in the price.I'm staying France for another week after the race but if anyone wants company on the way out I'd be happy to meet up.

I went for the longer crossing to cut down on milage,but I suppose that depends on where you live.See for LD Lines

http://www.ldlines.co.uk/

Guest chris brown
"Toy Aeroplane Show"

Bob

Hell never one to exaggerate were you Bob! :p :p I suspect some if not most of those are more complex than the originals and as for calling them “toys” I bet you don’t do that in front of the builders. :o

We only call them toys in front of the froggeners....!

Some are even bigger than 1/2 scale..!!!

As for the Gee Bee, we have a few tricks we can use to make the models flyable,

since we now know some of the reasons why the original crashed.

Other planes we have seen include a 30 foot span Victor bomber with 4 working gas turbines,

a 27 foot span HORTEN flying wing, and a 28 foot B29 Super Fortress.

For me the most impressive was a 15 foot span ME 262, which flew exactly like the original, an outstanding flight.......well the builder & pilot was British... :p :p :p

More info HERE

Bob

Guest chris brown
Will my car be ready in time????

Probably to soon to risk ordering the tickets but it will give me a target date ;)

Go on Paul take a risk nothing like a definite date to focus the mind. Then if all does go pear shaped like it did for Mike Shearing this year (car passed SVA but DVLA wouldn’t issue tax in time) you can always use the tin-top