Le Mans 2007

Guest Andrew M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown
Next years automatic entries(if this works!)

http://www.lemans.org/mailing/2006/12_14_s...s/12_13_gb.html

Go on convince me that Peugeot won't be included :o :o :lol: :lol:

I recon you are sure to see them that is of cause providing they think they can give the R10 a run for its money if not it will never be mentioned but after last years chat (hype) on circuit (radio Le Mans) I don’t see how they can drop out. Anyway it will be good to see another manufacturer back in LMP1. It would be good to see Porsche and Panoz back with LMP1's as well (wishful thinking).

Guest erichetherington

Chris,

I was thinking that after all that hype they'd have to turn up,surely the days of only admitting teams the French can beat are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next you'll be suggesting that they start disqualifying the winning car from the Monte for having the wrong headlights. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest chris brown
surely the days of only admitting teams the French can beat are over!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not if they think they can get away with it remember racing at the 24 hours is by invitation of the ACO only except for those who have been highly placed in the various Le Mans series and even then don’t fall out with the ACO or your invitation to race will fail to materialise

Guest crwoodford

Hi All,

Ere.... Guess wot..... :D

Our Better halfs have given Me and Trevor (Taunton Posse) permission to go to Le Mans in 2007. We are going in Trevors 2B (My Baby never leaves Somerset :lol: ) and going to take the ferry from Poole to Cherbourg on the Friday and back on Monday :ph34r:

Definately want to hook up with the RHOCaR Posse, so any directions, information etc wil be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

As this will be our first time, Directions, Camping info etc will be very useful. Also, buy food/beer here and take it or buy food/beer over there? General stuff ;)

Maybe a PM or 2 will be more appropriate, unless you think the info will prove useful to all?

Looking forward to hearing from someone soon...

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Col and Trevor (Taunton)

Guest chris brown

For those interested in joining us the following info may be of interest. I have ordered 50 camping tickets (22 already booked) so if you want one or even more just email me withy your requirements I will also require:-

Name

Address

Phone number

Email address if poss

And when ferry is booked if you let me know where and when I will try to let people know so they can meet up at the port and convoy down if they wish to.

At present we have 4 booked Dover Boulogne 09.00 on the 11th, 1 Portsmouth overnight on the 9th and 1 Portsmouth overnight on the 12th

The race is on the 16th 17th June so most people tend to go down on the Tuesday or Wednesday prior and return on the Monday as there are things to do all week apart from the beer:-

Wednesday evening 2 hours daytime qualifying 7 to 9 pm and 2hours night qualifying 10 to 12 pm then the same on the Thursday

It’s also worth a trip into town to have a look round the cars during scrutiniering

Wednesday for the last couple of years we have all gone down to Le Flesh and met up with one of the guys (Dave Thomson better known as Dial Dave) who has a place down there and he has put on a BBQ for us all.

As for ferries lots use www.speedferries.com. Who run Dover - Boulogne it’s a quick crossing at a reasonable price and cuts off about 40 miles compared with Calais. I’m booked 09.00 on the 11th and returning 11.00 on the 19th I will book a B&B in Boulogne for a night on the return. Quite a few of us did last year and it worked out well.

But look for other alternatives. When others have booked and let me know there booking times and crossing I will let others know so they can if they wish book the same so as to be able to travel together

As for the campsite. We are in the hands of the ACO, I have applied for tickets on Karting Nord with a second choice of Camping Blue Nord.

For more info on campsites and things to do see http://www.beermountain.com/index.html who cover most aspects plus the drinking http://www.club-arnage.com/ is another and also the official site http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/...accueil_fr.html but this is not so good.

Guest Andrew M

Have managed to book 4 cars on the boat from Portsmouth to Le Harve leaving on the 12th June (night crossing with LD lines) and returning on the 18th June.

There will be an Austin healey 100, my hood and two tin toops (brining the fridge etc..) in our convoy if any one else is intrested in joining in with the trip down.

Cheers

Andy

Guest Stuart Ainslie

I've got 2 cars booked on Speedferries, leaving Dover the 13th @ 08:00 returning the 17th @23:59.

Not sure on cars yet - Should be a blue F355 Spider and a blue Mundano ST220 but could change to be a BMW 740i and BMW Z4. May also meet up with Rich Danby again at Dover with his silver Elise.

• 1 month later...
Guest Stuart Ainslie

Worth noting that I have had a mail from Speedferries stating that their sailing times have changed.

Best check you inboxes to see if any of yours have too.....

Guest Stuart Ainslie
cheers but i only booked it @ 11.15 don't think they could change the time that quick

pete2b

Wasn't implying that your crossing may be changed but a reminder for all other Speedferries customers to make a check....