Lightweight Head To Head

Guest gdc

hi to all interested parties

i have posted before to gain the support for a meeting to discus the lightweight chassis problem .

to date i have recieved 6 pos replys , as they would, they come from all parts of the country and support and advice from abbroad.the rhocar forum is an excelent way for us to debate the problem ,however unless the concirned parties can comunicate and debate the issue on a one to one basis with a project in front of them.then debate on line is all we are going to get.

the advice from more experianced builders is essencial and invited however just by posting photos of a particular area will not give a full picture of the lightweights full problem ,the sva faults have been highlighted in passed posts,but as i see it lacking a chassis in a monocouqe design should not be one of them.

i am in a fortunate position in that if the mods to the lightweight are unsucsfull then i am in a financial position to strip mine and transfer usable parts to another project, others are not !it would be a tragic waste of time and effort on all our parts to have to do so,

i have sujested the venue as dunstable

it is close to being the centre of the country

the workshop is large enough to accomodate

the car tub was complete thus allowing a full view of the problem to allow all builders to acces

the issue either just started or further through the build proces

we will get no further help from rhsc or gbs except 2 have passed sva

many of us have seen the one that failed sva i do not wish to be in any way un kind

but even if this car? had a chassis made of steel girders it would hav e failed on build quality

(my opinion)

we can accomodate if rqd (no i am not in to wife swapping)

i have started to undertake mods i do not know if these are enough to satisfy mr sva or not .

i have just sva passed a 2b a different beast i know .

to all rhocar we need help !any one with in put is welcome

the date i propose is28/ 29 october

please e mail me at gdcheating@hotmail.co.uk

anyone with an interest is welcome

if only one person shows interest it will go ahead

and before any of the smart as es among you ask no i am not a lonely prat .

this is something that i feel has to go ahead

to those experianced builders out there stick your oar in

regards graham

Do you think anyone from GBSC would be prepared to come? I don't think VOSA would allow a representative to attend outside of the SVA centre environment but you never know.

Good luck with this, as others have said I too admire your willingness to grab this by the throat!

hi rich

many thanks for the encoragment from yourself and others

as regards rhsc richard and his team know of the issue ,richard posted in the last 2 days and should be aware of the efforts being made to put this meet in place ,i am not prepaired to ask for rhsc to attend as the new rhsc and the old rhsc are seperate entities ?

however should a member of their team wish to attend they would be more than welcome, the input would be valued and appreciated .

ps not holding my breath .

regards graham

Guest keithscc362

Hi Graham,

I will phone you at the weekend with regards travel for the head to head.

But im keen, the mod's you have done so far look good.

Catch ya later

Keith.

hi keith

thanks for the reply

it will be great to see all the owners

pm me for address detailes

5 heads for the head to head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ any turning up on the day.

iwont holdmy breath for rhsc to pm me for details .

can i ask any !!!!!!!!!!! interested parties to pm me for detailes it is happening!!!!!!!!!!!

if you as a lightweight owner are holding back waiting to see what happens ,DONT!!!!!!!!!

regester interest now

there are more than 5 with an in built design prob, either you dont know of the prob?

think you can build your way out of the prob.

or will alter your chassis based on info recieved.

be part of the resolution to the issue.your input is valued.

open your gobs !!!!!!!!!!

regards graham