What Makes You Want To Give Up ?

Guest satman

Well for what it's worth I would say that the bitchy/negative posts probably account for less than 0.01% of the useful, inspiring and downright funny posts on Rhocar. :)

There has been some falling out recently but lets face it the company and to a certain extent the club has come through a bit of a rough time. There will always be the odd post that causes someone offence. I know I have challenged posts that have been unfair or derogatory to the police (and I will continue to do so <_< ) but that is the same on any forum, and I have seen much, much worse elsewhere.

I'm surprised Satman has given up and gone so soon, although I suspect that it is a little less to do with being upset by posts on the forum in the few months he has been a community user. Personally I wasn't too impressed at being informed of how good he was in bed or how he resolved his differences at school by 'decking' someone with one punch. :huh: But each to their own. I suspect Satman has more likely realised (as others have) that the part-built he picked up on the cheap is a basket case with just too much wrong with it to give it a go. :rolleyes:

I think there is a case for some form of on-line code of conduct and appropriate sanctions, but I appreciate how difficult this would be to manage and adjudicate.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i agree i think a code of conduct would be very difficult to organise, a much simpler way is to add a message just before the "post reply" button that says, "is your reply helpful; doesn it answer a question? or are you trying to score points, be inflamotary or win an argument, if its in the first category then go ahead and post if not then dont.

of course this would be much simpler if everyone just had it in their heads!

we all like to win arguments, but for the sake of the community and the club surely it isnt too much to ask to self regulate and consider the consequences of point scoring arguments or personal insults?

Guest flightless

I'm not a regular poster although i am on the site pretty much everyday, I have maintained my membership because i beleive in the work that Tim does and without our revenue his job would be a whole lot worse, after all the government takes much more from us for a lot less that i believe in so i like to use my money where it counts and it's the least i can do.

The following comments are nothing more than my view;

Forums should be open to everyone and free speech should not be squashed, however if the comments are hurtful or inflamatory then the moderators have the right to close the thread, delete comments or ban offenders - moderators are not above the law and should be held accountable for their actions by the other moderators and the members of the community.

The forum does offer a chat facility and maybe if people want to continue a discussion they can "take it outside"

When building a kitcar there are many people who are new to the car building 'thing' and have put a chunk of money at risk to do it - and they need the support of a group of people who aren't there to show how clever they are but instead are there to prove how helpful they are.

The kitcar and which kit magazines have suffered because of their battles and i think most of us have had a laugh at their expense, i guess we are at risk of doing the same.

I am a member of three car forums, saabscene mitshibushi and here - saab is the most helpful and if someone posts then at the least a moderator will add a post even if its to say we don't know have you tried....Mitsi is the least useful no one posts and it can be weeks until someone has posted something new, this one is the most fun with a huge group of very active and funny people - it woud be nice to get back to where we were a year ago when it was about the car building and the sense of fun.

cheers

I wasn't going to reply again specially since the 2B went this morning but I know I have to make just these few closing coments.

Firstly Im not surprised at what Ive seen in the replies, especially the first four, I knew there would be mixed responses. but thank you to all of you who replied afterwards with your kind wishes for my next build. I will find something to keep me going.

The only other thing I want to say is to Enforcer who I have no reason to fall out with. If you had lived as I did for the first years of your life it was a great relief after it to be able to settle down, and I thank my aunt for taking me in like she did. It made me a better person. Also you shouldnt take to hart my silly comment about what my wife says of me,. it was a throw away comment meant in fun, nothing else. As for me standing up for myself at school, because I was so small I had no alternative but to do this otherwise I would have had the s:*t kicked out of me, but it really only happened once. I earned a great amount of respect after that and made many good friends who I was sad to loose when I left. Im not the sort who looks for trouble so don't stereotype me since I came from a travelling background.

Also Enforcer this might seem alien to you because of you being a policeman Ive never been in trouble with the Police and please dont view this only becuse you think its just because Ive never been caught. and finally the 2B I bought had a great start to its build, I did a lot of work to it too. It wasn't the usual badly put together wreck, so again you are wrong. The guy just couldnt get round to finishing it.

Thats it. Hope the forum gets back to being what it should be all about.

Good Luck to you all.

SATMAN

don't stereotype me since I came from a travelling background.

Also Enforcer this might seem alien to you because of you being a policeman Ive never been in trouble with the Police and please dont view this only becuse you think its just because Ive never been caught

For the record NOBODY made any reference to your Traveller background except yourself, or made any inference that you have been in trouble with the police! Where did that one come from? Not one person in any single thread has made any comment whatsoever about this, especially me.

I will never condone violence, particularly in Schools. I am a School Governor and have done a lot of work in that role and as a Police Officer to ensure our schools are safe places for our children.

Please do not try to imply that because I am a police officer I am drawing any sort of inference from the fact that you say you are from a travelling background. It is you who are pre-judging me my friend, not the other way around. I think we are done here; as Mat has said it is a shame to lose anyone from the Rhocar community but I think you have made it clear that you will be happier leaving Rhocar. I wish you well.

Guest shane1664

Things are going to get bitchy again. Lets end this topic now eh? Satman I wish you luck in any build you choose, and hope that things go well for you. Everyone else, lets pull together, there are getting too many snide remarks about atm. so lets cool it :)

im gonna have to stop reading posts too soon because the amount of times i start to get wound up at peoples childish behaviour is increasing. I have a short temper and im prone to making many sarcastic remarks, but you dont see me making them here...

I know a website which runs a section called the "snakepit" where you can rant and rave all you like. IF you like to stir or bite back and feel more macho by winning pointless thread consuming arguments, you could do so in such a section.

Its a good job i dont have moderator powers! :lol: many things would soon be deleted! :p

Shane

Shane, be fair. My post is neither 'bitchy' nor 'childish'. I felt I had to respond to the inference by Satman that due to being a police officer I was treating him differently because he claimed to be from the Travelling Community.

I had been publicly accused of this and I am publicly entitled to defend myself. <_<

Guest shane1664

I totally agree with you richard, and you were right to justify yourself. Sorry if you interpreteted otherwise :(

But I can feel things about to get out of hand, better to ask people to stop now before everyone starts giving everyone else the keyboard-finger :)

Shane

My potato smilies have now burnt because i was doing this... irony eh? :lol:

Strange isn't it that half the irritating posts are from bystanders who don't have any particular reason to get involved telling posters not to be irritating. They should be made to wear cowboy boots and PVC chaps, strapped up in leather thongs, hung by their bits and whipped until I'm entirely satisfied.

Mr Stern

Sorry, this post had already started before the last one was up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: As long as you aren't having Turkey Twizzlers :p

They should be made to wear cowboy boots and PVC chaps, strapped up in leather thongs, hung by their bits and whipped until I'm entirely satisfied.

Sounds like last year's Christmas do :D

Guest Battery Bill

Mickey

I hope you are not calling Nigel a Cowboy :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch

yes but you never go!!!!!

You would miss me if I did, who else would the Locosters write about :p :p :lol: :lol: