Backfire

Guest yob

Guest chris brown

Is there one that doesn’t try just keeping your foot just on the throttle. It gets even louder. :p :p :p It’s the fact that you have only one box and that’s straight through.

Sounds great in tunnels I’ve never been through the Blackwall in the hood but I bet it would sound great as its pretty good in the Dartford especially when there’s several and each trying to make the most noise. :D :D :D Who said hoodies were like children? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Never. :ph34r:

The backfire is the best thing about my Hood. :p I just love going downhill and through tunnels. In fact I can now cause a backfire at will about 80% of the time, more practice and I'll be up to 100% :D

Peter

You may have seen in a question I put on the site a few weeks back that my Exmo exhaust is becoming louder, with some very audible burbling/crackling noises on the overun. The conclusion appeared to be that the packing in my Custom Chrome silencer had probably been blown out over the 3 years or so of use. Not a good testimonial for the product.

The decay may have been speeded up by me covering the pipes with bandage, and making the exhaust gases even hotter! I plan to send the unit back to CC over the winter and get it re-packed at a cost of £25 I think their quote was.

I have checked the usual problem areas such as weak mixture and leaks, but didn't find anything wrong there.

Cheers

Mike G

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timswait

Three years isn't bad for a glass packed silencer (although depends how many miles you do) One year is doing well for the RHE unit. Should be able to re pack it yourself, there have been several threads on here about it. A tenner's worth of baffle pack from a motorcycle store should do it, and save you the postage too.

Guest peter2b2002

I finally got p....d off with my twin tube RH exhaust no ammount of repacking seemed to last for very long

now got a nice 4-2-1 with a cherry bomb muf diver silencer much better sound still get a bit of back fire not as loud as it was +better mid range power

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peter2b2002

when i had my new exhaust fitted , the chap said that the flange on the end of the twin pipe was too thin being only 3-4mm thick will distort when bolted to the manifold and was probably causing the back fire due to air leak

pete2b

• 2 weeks later...
when i had my new exhaust fitted , the chap said that the flange on the end of the twin pipe was too thin being only 3-4mm thick will distort when bolted to the manifold and was probably causing the back fire due to air leak

pete2b

Hi, thanks for everybods help even i like a bit of back fire :wacko: but it sounded like a shot gun every few seconds.but found out it it was inlet manifold gasket :) thanks again :D :D :D :D