Lightweight

Guest gdc

Guest shanusanus

Hi all and if I can may I be a bit of 'motivation' for all you Lightweighters :)

I have the kit - I am aiming to get building the jig (as I wasnt given one by the RH guys) and then start the main body construction.

Wish me luck :) I am putting a 6 month period on doing the main body plus suspension stuff - then Ill look at getting a donar car and transfer the engine, gearbox and diff.

At the mo im just trying to work out if theyve given me all the parts teh kit should have - im already missing the Jig and the 7 set DVD's - so cant build a thing till they turn up :(

Oh well.

Shane

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DRC7

Did you pay the full price if so you should have got the jig boards and the dvds should defo have been there

Yet again advertising products for sale and coming up short

Guest shanusanus
Did you pay the full price if so you should have got the jig boards and the dvds should defo have been there

Yet again advertising products for sale and coming up short

Well no I didnt pay full price - made an offer on eBay and funnily enough it was accepted!! Got it at bargain basement price :)

But thats not teh point - if its part of teh kit then surely I should have had it?!?! I understand its made up of 2 8X4 chipboard sheets but what you do with them I have no idea as I dont have the instrcution DVD's!!

Typical

Guest DRC7

You also need the instruction sheet of A4 paper with the measurements on with out that you are buggered not sure if i still have mine i will have a look

Guest ScotMac

Hey Shane, welcome to the asylum.

You don't really "need" the "jig". They don't supply the jig, really, just a bunch of particle board. You must MAKE the jig urself. Also, the DVD's give you the dimensions for the jig, and pretty much the exact procedure for building it. ie, what you REALLY need is the DVDs. Did you find them? If not, i (or maybe Graham) could copy them and send them to you.

-Scot :)

Guest shanusanus
Hey Shane, welcome to the asylum.

You don't really "need" the "jig". They don't supply the jig, really, just a bunch of particle board. You must MAKE the jig urself. Also, the DVD's give you the dimensions for the jig, and pretty much the exact procedure for building it. ie, what you REALLY need is the DVDs. Did you find them? If not, i (or maybe Graham) could copy them and send them to you.

-Scot :)

Hi mate - well RH are sending me the DVD's via post - but they will take a few days to come :( - im just aching to get started on 'something' so wanted to start building the jig. Im gonna get 3 sheets of 8X4 chipboard - from what Graham had advised this should be whats needed to make the jig. There is a possibility that the sheets wont fit in my car so I may buy smaller sheets (1200mm X 1200mm instead of 2400mm X 1200mm) and im hoping thsi will still allow me to make the jig ok.

I have a free weekend yet am not able to do anything because of the missing DVD's :( - very sad.

Shane

hi shane

i have pmd you with some of the info.

the deal you had with gbs is as the list of parts on ebay ,

weather you got it cheap or not,

the listed parts for sale must be complete as listing.and be complete on collection.

or if a m,istake has been made give them first the chance to rectify the situation ,

any parts missing should be available from the factory or gbs will have to manufacture the missing parts to fulfill your contract with them.

a sale on ebay is a contract and as such you have some protection.

i understand it is not easy when given a large pile of bits to be able even to recognise some of the parts .

post some photos of any bits you are unsure of.

and mayby you will be better informed for the poss discussion ahead with gbs or tech richard as he advertised the kit.

regards cgraham

ps keep your chin up all should be ok and lets hope it was a genuine mistake?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ad_W2001

Hey just wanted to make myself known to the masses as another L/W owner. Ive had it for ages now (hmm 20 months or so? :) ) but being at uni etc blah blah blah its still a work in progess! Glad i finally found this site, seems very useful, no doubt i'll be bugging you continually for advice! watch for other posts in around 30 mins!!

Cheers,

Adam

hi chris

my flock is growing

regards graham

ps i dont think the lightweight boys will ever rival the numbers of the other marks ,

but its realy good to see all these guys comming out of the mist into what can only be clear air.

and build their dream.

Glad i finally found this site, seems very useful, no doubt i'll be bugging you continually for advice! watch for other posts in around 30 mins!!

Why arn't people made aware of this site to help with their build when they purchase a kit ?

Guest ScotMac
Why arn't people made aware of this site to help with their build when they purchase a kit ?

:lol: :lol: Are you implying that RH has traditionally worried or even thought about you after they got the money from you???

But i don't want this thread to degrade into a "how bad is RH after sale support"...we have enough of those. Yes, they should tell customers about this site...in fact, they should put a link to it on their website. Let's hope GBS is doing better, and leave it at that.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

i have submitted to the mag a small article ,regarding the lightweight mods.

big lee has formated the words and has submitted several photos,

lee please accept my thanks for the work involved.

all the photos are availiable from lees web site.

at www.lees7.co.uk. Click on links on left hand side and then scroll to lightweight rebuild.

even if your not interested in the lightweight aspects the site is full of other excelent info.

regards graham

cheers lee

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i have been thinking of having some t shirts or polo shirts printed up for the lightweight lads.

the rhsc name or the club name on them but with LIGHTWEIGHT CREW also somewhere on them.

your thoughts please .

if enough of a response perhaps we can get these done at a reasnoble cost.

ideas and thoughts ta.

regards graham

Guest allenr03
But i don't want this thread to degrade into a "how bad is RH after sale support"...we have enough of those. Yes, they should tell customers about this site...in fact, they should put a link to it on their website.

I'm sure the club details are in their brochure, at least they used to be. And there is a link in the "Links" section of their website!!