Replacement Sirerra Speedo/rev Counter Facias

Guest crwoodford

Guest crwoodford

Hi, Just to let anyone know who are thinking about replacing only the paper facias of their Sierra Donor Speedo and Rev Counter and Temp/Fuel Gauges. I spotted these on eBay.

New Stickon dials

I definately needed to replace mine as the paper is pitted and peeling on my current dials. I suspect it was left outside to over-winter by previous owner, and the dials got damp? The speedo etc work perfectly, so I did not really want to replace the whole unit.

I just want to let you know IMHO for £8 + 4 Euros P+P they are NOT really worth the money. They actually look like simple Photo Copies printed on sticky label paper? Total cost about 25p!!

The advert is made to look like they come on a single laminate sheet, but they dont. There is also the job of fitting them with the instructions in German only. And all the mileage slots etc need cutting out... have not done this yet, but it looks like a nightmare!

I know there was a previous thread on here about fitting these or something similar.

Kindest Regards to all

Seasons Greetings

Col (Taunton)

Guest Bob Rowell

Hi Col, I made my own white faces for the clocks, came out very well (even if I do say so myself) I printed them onto normal semi-matt photo paper, then used spray glue to fix them over the old faces. Once they're firmly fixed cutting out the number slots etc is quite easy.

I will try and remember to take a photo tomorrow.

Guest Bob Rowell

Col and Phil,

This is the finished article. If you want a copy of the graphic, just send me an e-mail direct, so I can send you a better resolution pic. bob.rowell69@tiscali.co.uk

post-603-1166113412_thumb.jpg

Col and Phil,

This is the finished article. If you want a copy of the graphic, just send me an e-mail direct, so I can send you a better resolution pic. bob.rowell69@tiscali.co.uk

can i have a copy too please. have emailed you ;p

Guest crwoodford

Bob,

Thanks for the very kind offer, much appreciated. Sadly the design of my Sierra Dials is different, with the RC on the Left, the Speedo on the right and the Temp and Fuel in the middle along with the warnings lights.

But many many thanks for the offer, as usual the generousity of members on here alone is worth the annual membership. :wub:

And of couse all the p1$$ taking is for free........ :lol:

Cheers, Thanks and Regards

Col (Taunton)

Guest Bob Rowell
Bob,

Thanks for the very kind offer, much appreciated. Sadly the design of my Sierra Dials is different, with the RC on the Left, the Speedo on the right and the Temp and Fuel in the middle along with the warnings lights.

But many many thanks for the offer, as usual the generousity of members on here alone is worth the annual membership. :wub:

And of couse all the p1$$ taking is for free........ :lol:

Cheers, Thanks and Regards

Col (Taunton)

Hi Col,

Is your dash like the att pic? if so, I am intending to make a white face set in the New Year. Just send me a reminder.

Bob

post-603-1166311227_thumb.jpg

Guest crwoodford

Hi Bob,

Yes, spot on... let me know as and when.

Many Thanks

Col (Taunton)

Hi Col,

Is your dash like the att pic? if so, I am intending to make a white face set in the New Year. Just send me a reminder.

Bob