Starter Button

Guest owenpilson

Guest owenpilson

ive got a starter button for my hood and want to ask a question before i try and melt anything....

how much current is drawn across the starter switch on the ignition ..is it just a simple case of putting the switch between the switch contacts or do i need a relay to switch the starter solenoid?

cheers

owen.

the hood is booked in for its MOT on saturday morning..... fingers crossed.......

Guest owenpilson

i thought it sparked a bit to much when i shorted the connection with a pair of pliers to start it :)

ok then ive just checked the specs of the button and its 2A so i'll relay it....

cheers

owen

Guest boggie

Richbrook do a lovely big red button with the words 'engine start' written on it. You can get it from Demon Tweaks. They even do an illuminated version.

Guest owenpilson

thats the one ive got , but its not iluminated.....ive also taken off the red surround that it comes with cos it looks a bit tacky. and put it next to the gear stick.

I was just chatting to an auto sparky in our works car park and i managed to aquire a relay off him (bonus)

so ill be fitting it tonite ........

ill be so chuffed when i can start my hood with the touch of a button (well holding in in for a bit!)

owen