2B Wishbone Conversion

Guest j bick

Guest salty_monk

Looks like the stock part from the new "hood" to me... Maybe that's what they used. Makes sense to use parts which are stock for them if possible.

John made fitting easy for them with rad position etc. I imagine some are going to have to do a bit more juggling....

Dan :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks pretty good John.

Jigtec also use the upper wishbone under the headlamp to mount the top of the shocker.

I prefer your setup using a cross beam. Mine relies on the chassis having its own crosswise stiffness,

but the X shaped beam must help there. Alos using the original top & bottom rails means I have a very tall dummy strut...I'd prefer a shorter (stiffer & stronger) one.

Nice one GBS.!!!

Guest Stevieshood
Sure, it will be tomorrow though. What feature do you want a good view of ?

I was just after an idea of the wishbone and steering arm angles, and the inboard mounting points. A full low down shot wing-to-wing would be great.

Cheers

Steve

Guest chris brown

Looks excellent John. Well done GBSC. I think it is better than the 2B Plus in the fact that the rad being upright making airflow much better and the bottom hose must be simple compared with mine which has to find its way over the steering rack turning three 90 degree corners on the way. :wacko: :wacko:

looks very good John.

my only concern is that there doesnt seem to be much scope for adjustment left on the threaded area of the shock body.

has the car done any sort of mileage to settle the suspension or is it still riding high from being jacked up.

do you think longer springs are needed or is it just not clear how much play is left in the pics.

very bold being the test pilot and i'm sure GBSC will appreciate all the feed back you can give them

Steve

Guest Stevieshood

That's great, cheers John. Looks like a big improvement over the horse and cart suspension it had before! I'm looking forward to ordering my kit. :)

Now all I've got to think about is what to do with the rear.....at least then I'll only go sideways when I want to! :rolleyes:

Thats a good point, skint. mine is a mild steel chassis,

All I can say is contact GBS, I expect they will find there is a demand for both mild and stainless sets.

Can't see why it cannot be done providing they make the mounting pieces from a compatable material for welding purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
That's great, cheers John. Looks like a big improvement over the horse and cart suspension it had before! I'm looking forward to ordering my kit. :)

Now all I've got to think about is what to do with the rear.....at least then I'll only go sideways when I want to! :rolleyes:

Steve, if you are ordering a kit for the front, remember the rears are on special offer too.

Its a month now since mine was done, all four corners are now coilover.

The handling and ride are so much improved it is a different experience all together. :D and the grin :D is even wider. :D :D

Bring on the summer ! :D :D B) B) <_<

• 1 month later...
Guest john

Well Stoneleigh is almost here and I said Smokey would be there with his new GBS wishbone conversion. I think GBS are taking some kits to the show if you want one.

I am planning to be there on Sunday, so if anyone wants a good look at the GBS Conversion from sliding pillars to wishbones, we will be on the Rhocar club area, hopefully arriving at 1000.

Guest keith12
Well Stoneleigh is almost here and I said Smokey would be there with his new GBS wishbone conversion. I think GBS are taking some kits to the show if you want one.

I am planning to be there on Sunday, so if anyone wants a good look at the GBS Conversion from sliding pillars to wishbones, we will be on the Rhocar club area, hopefully arriving at 1000.

I will take a look, they start on mine Tuesday. Having the rears done as well so i can't wait to get it back.

Its not costing me a penny all you need is some woman to pull out on you and a 'presto' new conversion :D :D