38 Dgas

Guest Gary Roberts

Guest Gary Roberts

Just about to rework a 38DGAS with the settings from NW site, but i see in some of the earlier forums that he idle air bushes should be change to 145's by drilling them out. Looking at a carb exploded view i can't see where they are located. Can anyone tell me where they ae located? Thanks Gary2

O.K. i have my Webber book in front of me, are you talking about the main jet which is 1.42, or the air corrector which is 1.85........

Oops, just been reading the previous posts, so i know as little as you...... sorry :(

i have a picture with them labled in the workshop

will dig it out tomorrow for you

you can drill them out, but you will want a very sharp drilll bit (ie new) and a hand cranked drill. you can easily damage the carb removing them

same drawing as i have nigel

in the blurb i got with mine, the supplier (fastroadcars) said

:-use a hand drill and a new bit which is slighly smaller than the bush. Carefully drill out, but not all the way down or you wil damage the seat. If you are lucky the remains of the bush will come out on the end of the bit. If not you have to remove the best you can, without causing damage, a sharp needele angled sometimes works!!

fit the new bush by gently tapping into place

job done easy?!?!?

Guest Gary Roberts

:-use a hand drill and a new bit which is slighly smaller than the bush. Carefully drill out, but not all the way down or you wil damage the seat. If you are lucky the remains of the bush will come out on the end of the bit. If not you have to remove the best you can, without causing damage, a sharp needele angled sometimes works!!

job done easy?!?!?

job done easy?!?!?

Thanks for the swift response. I read in previous forums your description of how to drill them out but what i'm looking for is where are they located. I know where the main & slow running jets, i know where the main air jets and emulsifier tubes but i don't know where these slow running air bushes that need to be drilled out are located! I've looked at the weber diagram /picture in the previous reply but can't see any descrition for these bushes. If they are there what item number are they?

Thanks Gary2

thanks Gary2

if you remove the top cover they are located in between the float chamber and the main bores of the carb

without taking the top off i am 90% certain they are ine the location i have circled (you are lucky i have an old gasket floating about!!!)

if its got a brass insert with no obvious method of removal, they are the ones!!!!

salty... i dunno what the end effect is, i just ordered a full set to rejet from v6 granada, to 2l pinto and they were in there. seem to remeber the difference in hole size was noticable

mine runs a lot better, with the kit fitted, and no noticable flat spots?

post-98-1167773333_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Roberts
if you remove the top cover they are located in between the float chamber and the main bores of the carb

without taking the top off i am 90% certain they are ine the location i have circled (you are lucky i have an old gasket floating about!!!)

if its got a brass insert with no obvious method of removal, they are the ones!!!!

salty... i dunno what the end effect is, i just ordered a full set to rejet from v6 granada, to 2l pinto and they were in there. seem to remeber the difference in hole size was noticable

mine runs a lot better, with the kit fitted, and no noticable flat spots?

Dave R thanks for the picture have now located them! Once again thanks Gary2

• 5 years later...