Seats

Guest yellow peril

Guest yellow peril

hi all,

looking to spruce the wagon up this winter and have been looking at some new seats, i've seen some well priced ones from the people below. Its a long shot, but has anyone bought the 'Race' MWS seats, and will they fit an exmo, I know exmos are fatter than most, but the seats may be a tight fit, unless there's a bit of give if the measurements and they include the padding that can be squeezed a bit. The club ones are smaller but i don't like them as much, it's either those or some cobra clubmans, which I think will fit.

http://www.midlandwheels.com

appy new yr by the way :D

hi

what is the max width of the exmo tub.?

there is only 1 cm differance in the width of the seats you are thinking

about( 51 & 52 cm)

From the pics i have you may struggle to fit them i

The narrowest seats available that i have found are

Corbeau sportsman @ 38 cms wide £ 125 each

richfield 777 @ 37 cms wide £ 200 each approx.

Swan

Guest yellow peril

hi swan,

ive measured each side, on the passenger side at the base it's 54 cm going to 51cm at the front, drivers side is 54 going to 52 cm. Thats pretty wide, though where the side panel box section of the chassis shows up, which will be about a third of the way up the seat, this shrinks to 43cm on the passenger side and 46 cm the drivers.

wondered if anyone had the 'race' ones if they thinned out on the back of the seat. the measurements are the base, so without seeing one its a guess as to how wide the back of the seat alters. the bigger ones are 52 cm, so ok at base, but if they don't narrow much they won't squeeze in where the chassis side panel is, the club ones are only 47cm at base, so are probably the ones to go for, just a little 'force' needed to fit on the passenger side, but probably the safer bet. :p

dont want to spend a fortune so thought these where good value, they seem exacly the same as the cobra's but 60 odd quid cheaper

Exmo and series 3 are narrowest top of side rail to tunnel side, 48 cm drivers and 43 cm passengers.

I had a set of Recaros' and took them apart to fit, the seat base went in easy but the back would not fit past the side rails and offset the back to one side.

Guest yellow peril

i did look at those on ebay as well swan, not sure if its worth risking the purchase in case they are crappy, as i've seen mamba one's before in the flesh and they look ok, in fact even comfy. I have just found an old link of an exmo with mamba clubs fitted, I'll just send him a message to see if they fitted ok. the exmo seems bloody massive in the cockpit so you'd think you could fit anything, but that side rail buggers up putting a big seat in, though i suppose it does keep the car structurely sound!.

I have race seats in my 2b it's quite a tight fit and if you use runners there isn't much backwards and fowards movement and they have to be modified a bit.

The widest part at the front of the seat is 50cm narrowing to 40cm at the back.

Hope this helps.

Robin

I have race seats in my 2b it's quite a tight fit

The 2b has a lot more room than the Monocoque Exmo to Series 3 types, its the top rail folds that give the tub its side strength but they are 2" wide, i also think the tunnel is wider as well.

Guest yellow peril

thanks for that rob, if the back of the seat is around 40 - 43 inches, then they should fit in the gap of 43 on passenger and 46 on drivers side. the picture does show that they narrow as the back of the seat rises, just didn't know by how much. just think their a ruddy good buy for that price, the look much dearer,

Guest Snoopy

I looked at these seats 12 months ago. I Thought then that they may be too tight in my car (3a). Whilst looking round for narrower seats my missus pointed out that I was a bit daft looking at cheaper saats as at the end of the day if you ever have a bad prang it is the seat and head rest that will protect your back / neck. A cheap seat may fail.

In the end I ended up biting the bullet and fitting the intertrim odessy seats

Guest yellow peril

then again, just about to order over the net, thought i'd double check the mesurements, and i'm not so sure, they are a lot longer in the seat than my current ones as well, and being fixed back will have to sit as far back as they can go, the tunnel narrows off quickly and it could be tight. 6and a half cm is also the width of the side rail, so they may have to look inward a bit if they are a tight fit. oh pants. if they just fit your 2b rob, and the exmo has less room maybe they just wont go. search continues

just looked, autosport show week after next - might be be some there, great day out too

Edited by yellow peril

Guest allenr03

Don't know if its any help but I'm thinking of selling the Recaro seats that RH supply for the Super Spec. I haven't finished the build yet and I'm thinking of fitting some Cobra Daytona seats. I have no idea if they'd fit an Exmo though!!

I don't want a fortune for them, PM me if you're interested and I'll send you pics, sizes and a price.

Regards

Richard

Don't know if its any help but I'm thinking of selling the Recaro seats that RH supply for the Super Spec.

These will not fit the smaller exmo or any of the monocoque cars.

Exmo and series 3 are narrowest top of side rail to tunnel side, 48 cm drivers and 43 cm passengers.

I had a set of Recaros' and took them apart to fit, the seat base went in easy but the back would not fit past the side rails and offset the back to one side.

• 1 month later...
Guest yellow peril

just finished fitting the mamba seats after a 9 hr solid fitment, that involved completely brutal tratment of the passenger seat. the gap of 43 cm,finally succombed to the fitment of a seat thats actually 50 cm wide at the bit that it needs to be narrow at. Thats just the time to fit one seat by the way,the other took a full weekend of trial and error frames and holedrilling,to warm up for the trickier passenger side. they are a hell of a tight fit, well they dont fit untillyou get ratchet straps on them,and then you still need to jump on them to get them anywhere near,followed by hrs of finetuning.

but,worth every minute, they look ruddy marvellous, and amassive improvement over the bus seats i had in before, if only it'd stop raining i could get out.