Driving A Hood

Guest Fred2b

I went with a few blokes from the North West Club to Northwich (or was it Nantwich) on Sunday to help and advise a fellow builder that was having a few problems.

This was my first ride in a Hood and I can tell you nothing beats it for sheer exitement. The car is low down, very powerful, very fast and just damn great. I love it and have made a promise to myself to get mine on the road.

The guys are very fiendly and helpfull and thanks to Tony for letting me drive his pride and joy on the 10 mile or so around the country roads to the place we were going to.

The fun of driving in a convoy with five different cars all roaring past the tinnies is fantastic. Eveybody looks. It's great!!!

Some of the guys came back to see my car afterwards and offered sound advice to get through the SVA test. I am now filling in the form to post tomorrow so hopefully I'll be on the road myself soon.

All you builders out there not yet finished, get a move on you don't know what you are missing!!!

Regards

Fred

Hi bloke,

Can I suggest that you at least fill in your name & location on "my controls"

If you had done that, we might have called at your house as well!

Are you yet a RHOCAR member, by the way?

Jim, Northwest Area sec

PS. Peter, I assume you sorted out the registration thing?

Hi Jim

Yes I did. I sent an email to Vehicle Inspectorate ( Message posted in Chit Chat forum)

SVA test form posted this morning. Thanks for the trip on Sunday. I have bored my wife to death talking about it but she understands.

Regards

Peter

Bloke. There's a special offer on at the moment, e-mail Tim norman at; tim@rhocar.org and ask him.

Bobby. Once you become a member, with your membership card etc. you will receive a list of all the members in the Area you are in, IE. Fred Bloggs, Manchester. To get their phone numbers you must go through the area sec.

If everyone would also fill the 'my controls' bit in with their location & real name, you could see whereabouts people live and can PM them to meet up etc.