Car For Sale On Ebay

swan

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown
Unfortunately that's probably the most likely answer....

Dan :)

I for one hope not. I did inform both eBay and DVLC neither of which did anything I hope others did the same

Guest SCOTSBIKER67
I for one hope not. I did inform both eBay and DVLC neither of which did anything I hope others did the same

WHAT A WAY TO START HERE BUT IAM THE GUY WHO HAD LAST BID ON THIS CAR!

I WASN'T AWARE OF LIGHTWEIGHT PROBS AND HASSLE OVER REGISTRATION.

THANKS ITS NOT PUT ME OFF JUST MEANS I MAY HAVE TO DO MORE RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING BUT IAM SURE YOU LOT HERE WILL KEEP ME RIGHT!

THANKS THIS IS ONE BUYER BEWARE

Guest chris brown

Hi Alex

Welcome to the site and hope you stay with us this is the best kit car club there is and being a hoodie is a state of mind you don’t have to own a hood to be in the club as for the lightweight if you look through tonight’s posts you will see they are not impossible to get through SVA but as you now realize after reading the thread on the one you were bidding on its the legality of it that concerned us

[

hi chris

not imposible but a lot of extra work especialy when you thought it was finnished only to have to start again.

alex if you are serious about a lightweight then you need to take a very good long look at any part built,

the tub MUST BE BONDED do not entertain any lightweight not riveted and bonded .reason it will fall apart.

and the body will flex to much and before it falls apart will not handle well at all, thats IF you get it through an sva unbonded.

the added streangth that has been devoleped for the mk2 is almost proven hopfully the retest will be soon and i will be able to give the good news to all,

after the retest should it be successful i am intending to detail all the mods for other builders.

this would be for guidence only as all sva testers are different and their perception of build quality can be won or lost in the first 5 mins of presentation of the car.

we have all heard about or read about cars that should clearly not have been entered for the sva test .

ie a rushed build or just badly built .a particuler car comes to mind immediately !!!!!!!!!

so with that in mind you may want to await the outcome of my sva before commiting to a purchace ,

problem may be that with the sva sorted the lightweight may well become a very desirable item .

as far as i know only 3 are svaed and on the road ,of these i believe 2 were svad proir to the problem .

approx 120 kits sold ,

arround 95 in this country

i know of only a maximum of 9 through rhocar

this leaves a lot of of kits in garages throuout the country that could come on the for sale scene

best regards graham <_<

Graham, did you know one of the SVA'd LWs, belonging to Diyer, is not bonded? It's built

as per the DVDs!! He was lucky, as he passed before Trevor's fail brought the LW to

everyone's attention. If there are three SVA'd and on the road, one is Diyer's, one is Robin

Hood's, which is the 3rd???

Pete B)

the third one was mentioned to me by simon (diyer) he rode shotgun for his mate to an sva, when talking to the tester it was remarked that he had passed a lightweight a couple of weeks prior ,

i would think if simon sees this he will point you to the thread as i am putor iliterate.

regards graham

not warwicks! no .

i hope the pangs of concience have made warwick feel that to maintain his integrety he should sva the the lotus 7 prior to selling it .