Car For Sale On Ebay

swan

Even the engine from the donor isnt the orginal engine!

Well I doiubt it was oriignal, but he could of updated the original docs to include the pinto engine... so in theory it could be classified part of the original car (but not the original original car!)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two years ago i would have bid on the light weight / s7 / serria what ever it supposed to be ?, i just feel sorry for the person that does buy it in the end, as the advert is worded very misleadingly,

how would you feel, (touch wood) if it was involved in an accident and some was badly hurt / killed, how could you sleep at night ?

Thought i would add something to the mix.

I have an SVA'd lightweight. I am honestly not jealous or bitter about warwick 'bypassing' the system, it is something many of us have known about for sometime. But most of us do things properly - thats what its all about. We could all register our hoods as rebuilt Sierra's otherwise with no SVA's, thats what he has done. Lets face it, its ILLEGAL!, Its a RINGER. If he was to have kept the car, or sold it very quietly, then i don't think any issues would have been raised, but to blatently mis-advertise a RH Lightweight as a Lotus 7 is an absolute disgrace.

The reputation of trhe name Robin Hood is being brought bad publicity again.

Who is going to inform the DVLA about this?

What can be done legally?

Simon

Guest salty_monk
somebody should buy it for the lotus chassis number then rebuild that - use the lightweight as a track day car until it falls to pieces .

Now that's an interesting idea... would it be any better? I think it amounts to the same thing just a better "copy" so more likely to get away with it.

Dan :)

Guest crimewade

thats it then .... im just going to stick the sierra reg plate and badges on the hood, buy my self a whole dollop of road tax, and go for it.... just tell the dvla ive changed the coulor of the seirra to stainless steel ..

if only .... it might be the only way i get my tub on the road :p

Blimey!!! just lost 30 mins of my life reading all this!

as has been quoted before I fail to see the 2 MAJOR parts from the original lotus that have been used, engine.. questionable!!??!!?? gearbox by his own admission is NOT from the original and was bought from a scrappers so thats still only 1 part of questionable origin Im staggered that he has been able to get this past the DVLA seams like he went to the same fool I did to tax my hood last year (as you do with a new built car!) and the guy was adamant I needed an MOT he has obviously not rear the rules an just got his stamp out.

very cleaver Stu to have found a nice loop hole but it still stinks, but I guess as long as the buyer is made aware that there buying a dangerous chassis that VOSA wont allow on the road with just an engine from a lotus that isnt its original then everyone will be happy and should they (heaven forbid!!) be involved in a fatal accident where the seat belt mounts have failed you will still sleep soundly in the knowledge that it was correctly registered.

Guest paul thompson

Well this is interesting. I am doing up my step sons mini, which is a steel monocoque. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but don't someone make a kit where you can put a bike engine in the back of a mini with a space frame, and then pretend it's still a mini? AND not only but also, don't someone make a plastic mini body that you can bolt your mini bits to and still pretend it's a mini? sauce for the goose and all that. Just a thought!