Fixing A Camera

Guest tom2b

I have got a kodak dual lens digital camera for work, my boss dropped it which has resulted in the digital display on the back not working properly. As there is no view finder on the camera its hard to use. Does anyone know of any good companies that repair cameras via post?

Unfortunately you'll probably find it's not cost effective to fix it. :unsure:

I found that to my expense when the spider I was in the process of photographing in Australia, jumped onto my hand, and like a big girl I lept about 10 feet in the air, my camera did a tripple pirouette and landed on the lens, resulting in one very buggered camera. Cost to fix was almost exactly the same as a new camera :huh:

Made for a cool picture though -_-

Thats one mean looking spider, id rather be put in a room with jane goodie than have that jump on me!

My boss bought a replacement camera but said if i can get this fixed reasonably hes happy to go ahead with it

Guest timswait
id rather be put in a room with jane goodie

I think that's taking it a bit far, I'd prefer the spider any day!

Realistically just buying a replacement is probably the most cost effective solution, but taking it apart to see if you can find a loose connection on the screen might be fun if you've already written it off anyway. The true Hoodie solution. ;)

One of my collegues broke the screen on his Canon Ixus the other day. The screen had a nice big crack across it. We had it apart and he then phoned a couple of spares places and got a screen for £38. 10 minutes after it arrived the camera was back to 100% working.

While trying to find a screen via google we found a complete set of instructions for taking apart the Canon Ixus range, including detailed instructions on replacing the screen.

Guest robinj66

if it's now surplus to requirements, why don't you fix it to your 2B. Once you get it mounted and pointing in the right direction, you don't need a screen anyway.

just a thought

Dunno about fixing a camera but I just dropped the TV in the kitchen while I was cleaning it and it won't work now. What do you think I've done to it.

Reminds me of the old medical saying, 'Better a dirty patient than a clean corpse!' Wish I had a dirty TV still.

Nigel

Lol nice saying nigel, im sure the stiffs wil agree with you. The camera works perfectly exept you cant see the whole picture to line up a good shot as the screen works in a couple places but not enough to be accurate. I still use it daily to take internal photos of properties to go with my inventories and as its dual lens (means you can take very wide photos which you need in rooms) im reluctant to cause it anymore harm than i need to