S7 Rear Suspension

Guest Alex Spratt

Guest Alex Spratt

I have been asked to ask (on behalf of an other menber of RHOCAR) if anyone can explain or has pictures on how to convert a RH S7 from separate shocks and springs to coilovers.

Answers greatly appreciated.

Alex

Alex

Been done and covered many times fro series 7 & 3/3a cars, if you try a search there are some good pictures and explanation of what is required.

While no doubt possible, I would not convert to coilovers while retaining the standard top shock mounting on a S7 as all forces would be passed to this point. An easier and cheaper option would be retain the current spring location and replace the shocks with those from a VW Caddy (Golf pick-up) and create a new top mounting in a better position with suitable reinforcement.

Thanks

Duncan

I have been thinking about modifying my S7 rear suspension, but I've come to the opinion that my setup is not too bad. On runs on country roads my S7 no longer bottoms out since I removed the spare wheel and cut the tails off any overlong bolts. I've also stengthened several items, which has made an improvement to the feel of the car.

Guest Alex Spratt
I've also stengthened several items, which has made an improvement to the feel of the car.

What areas have u strengthened.

Can you get variable rear damper/shockabsorber to replace the sierra damper? just a thought!

Alex