Cosworth?

Guest taylpa1

Guest taylpa1

Hi

Im new to all this, so I was wondering if someone could help, im considering putting a ford cosworth engine into my S7, I was wondering what parts I would need to replace aside from the engine (currently run a 2.0 pinto with a type 9 box)

Also do you know of any people that would undertake this service for me and rough costs?

Cheers

Guest taylpa1

maybe worth just getting some work done on the pinto then? with weber 40's what am I likely to get out power wise? was rolling roaded and pushed about 105-110 BHP in the summer - is that the top Im likely to get do you think? would like to get it converted to unleaded - is that costly? I only have one garage near me that sells lrp!? am also due to install an electric fuel pump - will that increase power? cheers

Its a big job and you will need most of the cosworth, engine, gerbox, rear beam front brakes.

If you need big help that you pay for then can i recommend Gingerfix (link on the front page).

Good price, he will asses the job, tell you what you need to do, help you do it and come back as and when you need the help. I found it a good way of getting me over the bits i could not do myself.

Guest salty_monk

The electric fuel pump will do nothing.

The easiest way to convert to unleaded is to use a standard injection head, they flow better too & were all unleaded.

Webber 40's won't do a lot (except drink fuel) unless you have other mods.

With a stock unleaded head & a 38 DGAS or Webber 40's & a mildly hot CAM such as Piper 285 or Kent FR32 & vernier pulley you can expect around 120-125bhp.

With a stage 3 big valve ported head, cam & vernier pulley & 40's you can expect around 140bhp.

With the above & a bored out 205 (also injection engine) block to 2.1 you can expect 160 - 170 bhp.

That's about the limit of the Pinto for road use.

Dan :)

Guest paul091085

had mine bored out to a 2.1 and with a 32/36 weber and standard head, i got 125bhp. Which gives similar gains in power to that of changing the cam going on what salty said earlier. Also, the advantage of having the engine bored out now, is that you then don't have to remove the engine from the car again at a later stage. just my opinion anyway :wub: