Top Gear (usa Trip)

Mat-Moo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure the program will spark some controversy...........

BUT it was the funniest episode i have ever seen and i laughed so hard it hurt all the way through!

I really thought they were going to get lynched in yeokal town though!

Just been discussing this with mates this morning. Very far fetched in parts, and i'm guessing it was over dramatised a little, but god i was crying with laughter, it was SO funny it hurt!

What a great episode :D Very funny indeed.

I've spent a bit of time in the US working and some of the stuff rang true. (If slightly embelished :D )

I particularly liked the refrence to the hotel chains and red lobster :D Its so true.

Guest timswait
that car dealer with the pistol in his pocket and a rifle indoors

Not to mention the shotgun which he had forgotten where he had put! :wacko:

To be fair they were out looking for the worst bits of America, it's a big place and I know it's not all like that.

...you get places like that over here aswell

What? - Gun toting Car Dealers? - Well I never. I really should get out more. :D :D

Great programme. I did get a bit silly though. Despite that, I haven't laughed so much for a long time. :D :D :D

Sad to say I thought it was crass and cheap. Not to mention offensive. No doubt there will be plenty of complaints (the dead cow on the Camero was just a bit ill-advised, and getting cheap laughs from the 'gay' references isn't likely to make them many friends). There were moments of pure, genuine, classic comedy (like Jeremy's in car power shower) but they spoilt these with cheap humour.

I cringed at the scenes in New Orleans where they appeared to be taking advantage of the desperate plight of the people remaining there and turning it into a joke. "Even these destitute homeless people wouldn't accept the free Cadillac" etc.

I suspect the garage forecourt bit was all staged anyway, but this is all rapidly going downhill and appears to be pandering to a different audience now. Shame though.