Help Please: Engine Data For Sva Test

Guest Pete York

Guest Pete York

Dear RHOCAR Community,

Can anyone help please? I have just about finished building a Super Spec at my home in Germany and I am preparing to present it for its TuV Test (German SVA equivalent). I am trying to assemble as much data as possible on the car before I present it.

I am having some difficulty nailing the exact cubic capacity and CO2 emissions (g/km) value for the engine. RHSC have told me that it is a 2 litre (1998 cc) fuel-injected Rover T Series engine but they didn't know its CO2 emissions figure. I have looked on the Internet at the Rover range of cars and can see no mention of a 2 litre petrol engine anywhere. The best I could come up with was the Rover 620i, which went out of production in 1999 and I can find no data for its engine on the net.

I have spoken to a Rover dealers' Parts Department, given them the engine number but they too were unable to help.

I do know that the engine number is: 20T4HH84 134088 and it also has "LCF 10067" embossed on the near side of the cast iron block.

Can you point me to where I might find the answer please?

Pete York

Guest rhetorical-oracle

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this is any help, but I too went to a Rover dealer with the engine number etc and they could tell me absolutely nothing about the engine, not even when it was produced.

On my engine, was some hot-test paper work stating that it was a 1995cc Rover T-Series engine circa 1995.

If it's any help the emissions readings at my SVA test were CO 0.00% HC 10 Lambda 1.01 at fast idle, CO 0.00% at idle.

Regards,

Phill.

In the UK you can get a Technical specification set of CD's that identify the engines (non Turbo) as built in 1998 and destined for the 620i model range. This can be confirmed by the emngine loom colour schemes.

I have not got the emission figures to hand but I seem to remember they are quoted on the CD somewhere

If you want I could search the CD during next week and email the data I find to you.

My email address is Tony.Grimer@tiscali.co.uk

In the UK the SVA will not accept these figures since the exhaust system etc., is not Rover so will be forced to use the generic values as defined in the SVA manual.

Regards

Tony G

Guest Pete York

Thanks Joel, I think I may now have it but I'll take a look to check anyway.

Thanks again.

Your 2b looks amazing!

Yorkie

Wikipedia says it was 1994cc

:unsure:

You could try asking here

180spec.jpg

Thanks Phill, I think I may have it from a Honda site!

Thanks again,

Yorkie

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this is any help, but I too went to a Rover dealer with the engine number etc and they could tell me absolutely nothing about the engine, not even when it was produced.

On my engine, was some hot-test paper work stating that it was a 1995cc Rover T-Series engine circa 1995.

If it's any help the emissions readings at my SVA test were CO 0.00% HC 10 Lambda 1.01 at fast idle, CO 0.00% at idle.

Regards,

Phill.

Thanks Mitch, I think I may have it now from a Honda site.

Yorkie

the engine was fitted n the rover 220 coupe, in both inj and turbo varients,

hth

Mitch