Horn

Guest tom2b

I have got a small looking horn on my car at the moment, im too embarrased to use it sometimes as its sound is comparable to a scooter horn. What horn can people recommend, i dont want something over the top but i still want to be able to put the fear of god into people who dare carve me up!

I've also got twin air horns, but left the sierra horn in there as well (conveniently there are two feeds for the horns on either side of the front of the car.

I figured that if I ever wanted to alert another road user to my presence it was important to make sure that they could hear it!

Horns.jpg

Guest paul091085

enforcer, have you not had any trouble with those air horns when out in the wet? I had the same ones, in more or less the exact same position and after 3 hours on the motorway in the rain, mine have packed up!!

I'm not surprised they packed up if you had them on for 3 hours! Seriously though I haven't had any problems with mine, but then I have never driven through any sustained rainfall. Not sure how ingressed water would damage them though, unless it got to the motor?

i've got twin horns like enforcer (ooh err), but fitted right at the top, under the bonnet. No problems there :)

I feel it's neccesary to have an unusual sounding car as well as an unusual looking one! I do my best to get noticed, but even still, i'm sick of people trying their hardest to kill me.

Guest paul091085

the compressor seems to still be working fine, so will keep an eye on those ebay ones and mount the next set higher up under the nose cone. cheers enforcer for the link :)