Kent Fr32 Or Fr33

Guest vacinc

Guest paul091085

There is a site called puma racing and i used his way of converting flywheel figures to wheel figures. which was deduct 12% of the flywheel figure and add on 10 bhp. so 12% of 182bhp = 21.84. plus another 10bhp = 31.84. take that of the original 182 and u get 150.16bhp at wheels :D

If you do it the opposite way round and use the wheel figure of 137.4bhp you then get 167.5bhp at flywheel :D

Now ill just wait for lots of people to disagree and point out that ive done it wrong :lol:

Guest salty_monk

My car with standard injection head, Piper 285 & 38 DGAS came out at 99BHP at the wheels on the same rolling road as Bob T. 121 flywheel.

Dan

No argument from me Paul. Ive used 3 different rolling roads, & the guys all told me to expect between 25 & 30 bhp transmission losses, & the roller run down drag confirmed that.

BTW my chipped C5 turbo diesel had 150 Bhp at the wheels, & only lost 20Bhp.

Is FWD more efficient?

Guest allenr03
No argument from me Paul. Ive used 3 different rolling roads, & the guys all told me to expect between 25 & 30 bhp transmission losses, & the roller run down drag confirmed that.

BTW my chipped C5 turbo diesel had 150 Bhp at the wheels, & only lost 20Bhp.

Is FWD more efficient?

Sorry to go off on a tangent but is the engine in the C5 the 2.0l that develops 136bhp in standard form (i.e. the same as the 407 HDi?) If so how much difference have you seen since being remapped and who did it?

I've found a company called Angel Tuning who reckon that remapping the ecu on my 407 will give over 170bhp, for £350 I'm very tempted!

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

its the 2.2 hdi 16V which Citroen quoted at 137 bhp...it actually had 133bhp on the RRat 18 k miles.

I had it done at SANSPEED in bexleyheath. they are a SUPERCHIPS agent, & ive used them often in the past for various cars.

After chipping it showed 168 BHP & a big increase in torque. Its very impressive, but it was expensive £499, but with a years warranty against any damage caused to the engine by the chip. A number of companies now offer something similar, but no damage guarantee. Economy has improved for "normal-ish" driving. I recently got 54mpg going from the Pod (Northampton) to Orpington (110 miles) following Rays truck & trailer at about 60mph. Computer shows 1300 miles, avg 27 mph, & 37mpg.

I've also seen 140mph on the speedo...on an autobahn naturally.

Cheers, Bob

Guest vacinc

well, i got a good deal, from speedshack, kent FR32 cam kit springs gaskets etc AND injection head

standard (a bit of grinding going to be done in the next week or so ) with verner, + belt , + 50 feet 2" exhaust wrap posted £249.??? it counld"nt be bad at that price, :rolleyes: im very happy