Bl**dy Mot Fail On The Galaxy

Snapperpaul

Just had an MOT fail on the Galaxy on the front tyres, fair cop i thought until i saw them 8mm center all the way out to the edge until the curve to the side wall then it does look as if it thins and i got the MOT man to show me, he measured from the centre 3/4 of the tyre width then put his measur in the tread that feathers out the side not the bands that go right round, pronounced it a fail with 1.55mm instead of 1.6.

At over 100 per tyre i am not amused.

Anybody got two good 215 55 16's they can lend me?

Guest Jaffer

Bad luck Paul!

... I would feel pretty gutted too, especially given that the decision has been made by someone measuring 'rubber' to a [claimed] accuracy of less than 2 thou' !! :o

' them's the rules ' I guess!

legal requirements for tyres are here

but at the end of the day if you're ferrying the family round its better to be safe than sorry.

if it feathering the tyres on the outside its time to check the tracking and start to corner a bit gentler

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Paul

For good cheap tyres, try Europit Tyres in Clacton.

Do some great deals on part worns - Know several guys with performance cars that use him and never had a problem....