Dial Swap

Guest maltbyd

Guest maltbyd

Hi Guys, going to swap my sierra dials for a set of capri dials, has any body done this and do they have a wiring diagram to save me hours of cross referancing sierra and capri wiring diagrams please. Also I found a company who has cheap carbon fibre look plastic and it looks great, 2mm thick and 1250mm x 625mm for £34.02 including vat and delivery, Ive not seen it so reasonable on the net , going to make my dash out of it, Thanks Dave,

https://www.mutr.co.uk

Heh Dave go easy with that wallet!!

Just bought a similar high quality sheet of carbon fibre look ABS from Technology Supplies who supply schools and colleges and anyone with money to spend like yourself. It cost £21 + VAT which we thought very reasonable, they also do a slightly thicker sheet for not much more.

useful link here: and some 1 mm stuff which is less :)

http://www.technologysupplies.co.uk/cgi-bi...d020#a490_2d020

Obviously ntdwm except we buy a lot of stuff from them and have found them OK to deal with

Mike

Guest maltbyd

Heh Dave go easy with that wallet!!

Thanks for that, I may try them if I cut it wrong, dont supose you have a plug for the dash of a capri or a oil feed pipe to the dash?, thanks again Dave

• 1 month later...
Guest maltbyd

WARNING! Hi Guys, finished my dash made from Carbon Fibre look plastic and it looks great, Just one problem, it expands in the heat, pull the car of of the garage to tidy it up again, and left it in the sun as it has been great weather over easter, looked at dash hour later between the S/Steel button screws the dash had expanded and raised up, I looked on in horror and pushed the car back in the garage, when it had cooled down it went back to orginal position, just thought I should let all know as you may want to change your dash, any thoughts ? Dave

post-162-1176102188.jpg

Guest gordon40

Hi Dave,

Could you post a picture of the screws so we can get a better of the setup. If it's the screws that hold the dash, you could drill oversized holes for expansion and fit cup washers to cover the holes.

G.

Guest maltbyd
Hi Dave,

Could you post a picture of the screws so we can get a better of the setup. If it's the screws that hold the dash, you could drill oversized holes for expansion and fit cup washers to cover the holes.

G.

Hi Gordan, I used a 4mm piece of MDF and layed the 1mm plastic over the top and fixed the plastic to the MDF using button screws, I should of bonded the pastic to the MDF, which I can still do, but a lot of work to do, I will post a photo tom when I get one, Dave