Pedal Box

Guest Billum

Guest Billum

Hi I have just tried fitting the seats in my 2B+ But I find that with the seat back I anot reach the pedals If I put the seats foward I am to close to the stearing wheel. Has eny one moved the pedals foward and if so could you give me some info on how you did it eny help would be appreciated

Billum

Billum,

I also suffer from short legs.

www.gbowden.co.uk may give you some ideas.

Basically I cut the flat plate on the round chassis tube away and made new, closer to the rear. I mounted the servo plate about 6" closer to me. chopped and shaped the pedals. Bobs my uncle.

Maybe later this year I will floor mount onto the alloy chequer plate I now have as flooring.

Graham

Lots of photos on my build site.

However my car has a fixed scuttle and the pedal box is mounted on a separate bracket that can be positioned to get the right fit (as you can see in the earlier pictures, I messed about with the bracket and sove clamps before fixing it in place, then later on decided I had to move it back again to improve engine clearance. I also have an adjustable steering column which may be an answer for you, if you're prepared to get one from the scrappy.

Guest Billum
Billum,

I also suffer from short legs.

www.gbowden.co.uk may give you some ideas.

Basically I cut the flat plate on the round chassis tube away and made new, closer to the rear. I mounted the servo plate about 6" closer to me. chopped and shaped the pedals. Bobs my uncle.

Maybe later this year I will floor mount onto the alloy chequer plate I now have as flooring.

Graham

Thanks Graham I will have to get the angle grinder out

Guest salty_monk

Would be nice to put them on an adjuster plate so you could move them around in future if necessary. I have short legs too & there is no way anyone over about 5'10" could drive my car....

Makes selling it easier too if that's a future consideration.

Dan :)

To help with a comfortable driving position i have instaled the Sierra adjustable steering column, gives me a usefull degree of movement in and out, up and down.

Fits straight on to the mountings for a standard column and the cowling usefully covers a lot of the sharp bits.

Guest stuartg

Same problem here, I decided to go for floor mounted pedals as I want a fixed scuttle and having them on the floor out of the way leaves me more room. I also added strengthning to the floor as there is no way you'll mount them to the stainless floor.

post-1963-1174035352_thumb.jpg

Guest mastarforth

The new build a sports car on a budget manual from Haynes, actually has plans for a floor mounted pedal box. WOuld be worth getting, I got mine for about £10 from Amazon.

May be worth making one.

anyone fitted a floor mounted pedal box in a lightweight?

i am thinking about it cos i want to make the scuttle easily removable and the lightweight pedal box makes up part of the scuttle panal, should not be to hard to do with extra floor strengthening.

whats the regs re bias braking at sva?

as most boxes i have seen are bias,

i would assume the bias has to be locked prior to sva .

regards graham

AFAIK most people lock the bias, drill and spring pin or blob of weld for the test. If you turn up with an adjustable bias valve it must pass the brake test with it adjusted at both extremes of the adjustment. Best to fit and pin. A removable split pin or lock nuts won't pass. Must be 'permanently locked'.

Nigel