Road Tax

Grizzly

Guest keith12
I also fit boilers and I find the new boilers only seem to be designed to last 8-10 years, how environmentaly freindly is it to replace a boiler every 8 years.

I service lots of standard boilers that are 15-25 years old, and one old boiler thats 40 this year :wub:

Not long had a condensing combi installed, looks like i need to start saving up to pay for the repair bills :(

Guest tom2b

renewing my brothers now, he should of renewed when he got the reminder, it went up £15 today! Actually, cant renew it even though i have his mot next to me which is valid till september the computer wont recognise it and neither will the "Help line" its crap, will do it at the good old fashioned post office tomorrow!

Guest Stuart Ainslie

For the first time ever, I have actually got something back from the budget - Our family car has had the road tax cut from £50 to £35 per annum!

Result!

Guest shaggy

Sparks,

re wanting an old range rover, they are already cheap as chips. Mine is a 1990 TDI and costs the same as the hood to tax £170. It didn't go up last year to top rate cos it was built in the 90's (or should I say built by BL in the 60's :D )

Simon

The £400 per year VED on a band G car is a nice idea but anyone wanting to avoid it can declare their car radically altered and go through an SVA at a cost of £150 to get it reregistered without a VED band or C02 figures and so subject to the pre March 2001 rate of £175. If the rate gets raised again I can see a lot of people starting to do this.